New baitcaster for saltwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    This and love my Concept C for fishing the surf.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Word my concept A is sick nasty funk tard

Comment

I've got a curado right hand model w boca bearings I'd let go for 120 shipped. It's not beat up either. It's got braid on it. I may still have the box. It's a newer style low profile one. I'd sell it to go into another chronarch

Comment

Those that say shimanocorrado, are you talking about all models or the old greenie? Saltwater slick, how long have you had the diawa costals?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          OP, (and anyone else) who may decide on the Lew's, I've got this one spooled up and ready to fish... I bought it and the Diawa Coastal TWS at the same time... Took 'em both fishing... came back and ordered more Diawas... This Lews works just fine, but to me and the way I fish, I liked the Diawa better... I'll take a hunert bucks for it and cover shipping to you if you're out of the Houston area...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          "Slick" you are AMAZON famous. LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
            Get a gently used Shimano Curado and call it a day. It will last you F-O-R-E-V-E-R...
            yeep

Im off the if it aint broke don't fix it mind. I'll just keep grinding on the 3 greenies and a couple dhsvs. I do like the penn battles though if looking for a spinner

Right now I cant make myself get into a lews. My son has one that's been rebuilt twice now and its maybe 4 years old. The one my wife got for chandeleur was just too little

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
              Those that say shimanocorrado, are you talking about all models or the old greenie? Saltwater slick, how long have you had the diawa costals?
              Starting my 3rd season with them... My original 2 reels are still just as butter smooth as the 2 new ones I just bought and spooled up. I have 3 Chandeleur trips on the first 2 which were all multiple day and primarily surf side fishing, plus numerous other day trips to the Galveston bay system and I've done nothing to them except wipe them down with a rag wet in fresh water, then a little corrosionX sprayed in strategic points.

Comment

I used to use only Shimano exclusively but the last couple Curados I bought didn't hold up well at all. I'm tough on equipment, though, and mainly just rinse, dry, and few drops of oil. Now days, I just wait till black Friday/cyber Monday and buy a few Academy Mettles. Give them the same cleaning and they hold up just as well. If one bites the dust, its only $39.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                  Word my concept A is sick nasty funk tard
                  [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks saltwater slick. We are har d on reels but always wash them off lightly. With kayak fishing they are always wet and getting saltwater spray. Just need something that will last.

Comment

Shimano Stratic FJ4000

Comment

Thanks for all the info everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
                          Thanks saltwater slick. We are har d on reels but always wash them off lightly. With kayak fishing they are always wet and getting saltwater spray. Just need something that will last.
                          Yea, wading the surf get's em pretty wet and gritty too. I quit rinsing and dunking my reels to wash them and I think my maintenance needs have gone down as a result. I use a wet, dripping wet rag and wash them. If they're pretty nasty, I'll use a little dishwashing liquid, then wipe them down with a clean wet rag...

I've been pleased with these Coastals so far and I think they are smoother than my old Curado super free reels... Just passed on my last 4 of them with all the spare parts I had for 'em to a friend of mine... They were great reels, but these are much easier to use when I switch types or weights of baits and they hold just a tad bit more line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            13 fishing Inception Sport Z.

I have a Concept C and a Inception Saltwater 8.1 and they are good reels.
                            Inception Sport Z.... got one about a month ago and it is awesome for the price... $150. No bearing to worry about either.

Comment

Well now I just need to find a floor safe full of cash.....got 4 coastals on order. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Lew's Inshore Speed Spool SLP

Give her your current reel and use the Lew's

Comment

Working...
                                X