Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too early for a throw, shred and grow plot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too early for a throw, shred and grow plot?

Due to our big tractor being down I figure this is as good a time as any to try this technique. I have two plots, one of which I can fence the deer out of. Here is what I am looking to plant.

Interesting mix give it a try and let us know how it did, but it is too early to plant in my opinion. Good luck.

Comment

I would think it would be better to plant that around April.

Comment

I would wait for the ground and night temps to get warmer. Longer day length will help also. I am not going to plant till early/mid April this year.

Comment

April will actually work out better. I want to spray the weeds first, so I have time to wait for a day that isn't real windy.

Comment

Jeff a lot of those seed are pretty big and not sure how well they will do. You might want to give Uncle Fish and shout and ask his opinion.

Comment

Saw this thread. IME Brandon is right.....lots if pretty big sized seeds in that mix. I never had good luck with throw & mow with any seeds the size of a cow pea or soybean.

But it would make a great experiment for you to post on here.....so go for it!

Its probably too early to plant but check your soil temps. Need consistent 60-65 for those kind of legumes. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntinonly View Post
                Interesting mix give it a try and let us know how it did, but it is too early to plant in my opinion. Good luck.
                I hope not...I planted Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                  Due to our big tractor being down I figure this is as good a time as any to try this technique. I have two plots, one of which I can fence the deer out of. Here is what I am looking to plant.

https://www.turnerseed.com/spring-deer-.html
                  I'm planning on doing an acre of the same mix from them. They have it in stock now?

Comment

To early... there is plenty of green popping up with clover and volunteer rye in most places... still even if not id wait until early April... way the weather has been I bet it freezes again

Comment

Working...
                    X