Hunting lease what do you pay yearly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
    I once paid 6500.00 for a nice lease but after family members of the owner started hunting the rut in my blinds I decided to leave, this was in 2013 today the owner has raised the price to 8500.00 its unbelievable how expensive hunting has become. I completely understand if u leasing a HF place and great deer are on the ranch I know it takes lots to money to maintain great genetics but on a low fence ranch its pricey. I found 2 LF leases this year and both were over 9000.00 a gun I was in shock lol.

A friend and I both had 5k each and right now we **** in front of the TV to watch the hunting channel
    I would lose my mind if my LO let people hunt my blinds if I’m paying any amount to hunt. But for nearly 7k that deserves an *** whoopin.

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
      No doubt hunting and leases are super expensive. I'm embarrassed to say how much I pay, so I won't. But, leases are like trucks to me, we all keep paying the prices and it's supply and demand. If we got off our lease this year there would be a line of folks waiting with check book in hand. And as far as going on a couple hunts per year....that's great, but I want to go down several times a year to the lease. We go at least 10-12x per year. Everything is a choice, but we often say "I can't believe we are paying ***xx to hunt!"
      Yep. This is spot on. IMO you can’t really blame the LO for taking what the market will bear for lease dues.

Comment

Double posted.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          What would be a fair price per acre. In south Texas , house, water, walk-in cooler not much hunting pressure?
          I would say $15.00 per acre for what your asking about. That's a good average. We are paying close to 20$ per acre but that includes feed, which is a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            I would lose my mind if my LO let people hunt my blinds if I’m paying any amount to hunt. But for nearly 7k that deserves an *** whoopin.
            Exactly, That one would warrant some pokey time.

Comment

mine is about $1500, 3300ac E Texas

Comment

I’ve seen them range from $250.00 - $17,500.00

Comment

$4500.00 plus feed

STX / Bow Only

Year round access, good group of hunters that all get along.. Worth Every Cent before I even turn an arrow loose

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                    I would say $15.00 per acre for what your asking about. That's a good average. We are paying close to 20$ per acre but that includes feed, which is a lot.
                    Thank you sir.

Comment

Last one I was on in La Salle County was $10,000 for 525 ac +/-, 4 guns, and we controlled all hunting-deer, hogs, quail, dove. We controlled the day leasing to outfitters for dove hunts and quail hunts and in good years recovered half or more of the $10k that way. Since I was the only one retired and did 90% of the work clearing, filling, firewood, etc. I had a special privilege. I outfitted for hog hunts and all the money from that went into my pockets.

Alas, the landowner's s-i-l got involved and that went away. My last places have all been free from friends.

Comment

Mine is $800

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                          The property taxes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          This. One of the lucky ones.

Comment

15 an acre

Comment

Leasing for me in the Ozona area was a little under $10 per acre. This included a house and water. The landowner was awesome. I should of never given that place up, but I stay in contact with the landowner and person I turned it over to. We now have property we own. I bet our price per acre is way above 20 times that currently.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X