No announcement yet.

Walked by a rattle bug tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I would have brown pants after that.

Comment

Originally posted by tractorred View Post
      Killed two in the ranch house last week. Had the place probably 20 years and never a problem till this year. Killed 4 so for in the house and 8 in yard.
      We had the same problem. I think the house was on top of a den. We’d kill two a day if it was 80 degrees or above. Somebody dumped two cats out there last winter and they set up shop on the porch. Not one snake this year.

Comment

On the road or not on my property I just may pass on killing them. But when they want to bow up on me, they are DEAD. Period. Thats one reason I hate water moccasins so much. Attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by tractorred View Post
          Killed two in the ranch house last week. Had the place probably 20 years and never a problem till this year. Killed 4 so for in the house and 8 in yard.
          4 IN the house? How big were they?

My wife's cat caught a little 8" copperhead in the house a while back.

Comment

Whole lotta nope. It'd be a dead snake.

We primarily have copperheads in our area, and every once in a while a timber rattlesnake in the vicinity. Can't kill them though...

Comment

That's alot of snakes Draco. Any reason why. Man I would walk lightly around your place.

Comment

Why are these snakes getting in your house? Is you house on piers? Any way to prevent the nesting? I couldn't sleep.

This guy can help.

Comment

Glad nobody got tagged. Surprised the dog didnt alert to the smell. I'd be working out in my Chippewa's!

Comment

Have not seen one at our place till a couple of weeks ago, kinda suprized me. Hunted out there for 8 years.

Comment

And to those who seen them in there house, I would not ne staying there anymore. I can stand a lot but not rattle snakes in the house

Comment

I'm sure we'd all be surprised to know how many we walk past. They avoid confrontation if they can. If you're too big to eat they ain't lookin to waste any venom on you. It probably just figured you'd step on it so he made some noise.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          I'm sure we'd all be surprised to know how many we walk past. They avoid confrontation if they can. If you're too big to eat they ain't lookin to waste any venom on you. It probably just figured you'd step on it so he made some noise.

We were walking across a dam. Close to dark I’m guessing he was bout to cross the road and we startled him as much as he startled us and he was letting us know he was there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                            4 IN the house? How big were they?

My wife's cat caught a little 8" copperhead in the house a while back.
                            First three about 4 ft. long and the other about 3

Comment

4 ft long copper head?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                4 ft long copper head?
                                Rattlesnake

Comment

Working...
                                X