No announcement yet.

Is she the one question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had been dating for a few years when I met my wife - I was smitten - hook, line and sinker. It was all over but the crying! LOL! When the job I was on was over I went back to Texas packed up and moved to Ore. Strange magic she used on me!! That was 32 years ago!

Comment

I’m not much help. I put mine through the test for 12 years before I pulled the trigger. I figured if she put up with me for that long then she is a keeper.

Comment

A church going woman, who's parents also are, makes things a little easier.

Comment

Engaged getting married next summer. I was in your shoes about a year ago. When I started saying “is she the one, how do I know” I was really confusing myself. Then I realized I’ve never been with anyone and thought “she is the one”. I don’t think there’s ever a moment where the clouds roll back and you realize she’s for you. Just don’t rush into anything. When you as a man start feeling the need to spend an ungodly amount of money on a ring, you could tell her you’re crazy about her[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbilly Rockstar View Post
            You'll know. As hillbilly as this sounds, the first time I met my wife was in a Wal Mart parking lot. She was hanging out with a group of friends. I was 22 and had just gotten home from the Navy. I was driving a '95 Ford extended cab, 4x4 with 9" of lift, 36x16.50-15 **** Cepek Fun Country's, all shined up. I had my Blue Heeler in the bed of the truck, and the only thing between me and the Lord was a pair of camo overall's...I mean, the Clampett's had done come to town now. I pulled in the parking lot, jumped out, looked at her and said, "I've got a quart of the South's finest sippin' shine in the truck and I know where we can sling mud. You in?"
            She smiled and winked and got in her car and everyone drove off, leaving me standing there by myself, asking my dog where I had gone wrong.
            A year later, we got set up on a blind date by a mutual friend. The picture below was taken about 10 minutes into that first date...that was 19 years ago.

This made me laugh and think of the good old days.....

not because of the way you met your wife....but because I remember when you had to have 9" of lift to run anything over a 35" tire!

Comment

I thought this was a hunting forum, not Dr. Love... ; )

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
                I thought this was a hunting forum, not Dr. Love... ; )
                Dudes have been hunting kitty cat for longer than we've been hunting deer...

Comment

[ATTACH]968964[/ATTACH]

Comment

I think we all have a certain type of person that we just click with and the way the human brain and emotions works make it difficult to not want to commit to a relationship. New relationship energy can be very compelling but that crazy overpowering, "cant not be with them", love feeling wont last. Its wonderful but somewhere between 8-12 months into the relationship we get our mental faculties back. Love will still be there but less intense. Its important that your partner is someone you can live with and gives you the space we need to be yourself. If they are, you get these long term devoted relationships. A lot of couples struggle after the first couple years. So for your specific question, yes should be obvious to yourself that you want to marry that person but I don't think knowing "she's the one" has any impact on if the marriage will work in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                      Live together first. Seems if there is going to be an issue it will surface shortly after moving in. Also, don't stop doing the things you did before you were an item. Still open doors, text or call for no reason. Don't have to stop being "interested" cause you already have her.
                      lol ... so what about those people that 'live together' for many years and still not married? They're never truly committed and probably never will.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                        lol ... so what about those people that 'live together' for many years and still not married? They're never truly committed and probably never will.
                        If he's asking the question of how do I know she's the one, I think he's in it for marriage. But my response is a big tell tale of how sure you are of her being the one for you.

Texas is full of common law people. Whether they are in it for convenience, money reasons, or because they have kids together who knows? But I will tell you that I know unmarried couples that are more meant to be together than married couples. Marriage isn't what it use to be as far as commitment goes. Divorce rates soaring, too easy to get a divorce rather then work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                          If he's asking the question of how do I know she's the one, I think he's in it for marriage. But my response is a big tell tale of how sure you are of her being the one for you.

Texas is full of common law people. Whether they are in it for convenience, money reasons, or because they have kids together who knows? But I will tell you that I know unmarried couples that are more meant to be together than married couples. Marriage isn't what it use to be as far as commitment goes. Divorce rates soaring, too easy to get a divorce rather then work it out.
                          Divorce rates are actually way down

Comment

My wife and I have been married for almost 29 years. I don't believe in "the one". As others have said, you have to both be at the right place in your lives to give to a marriage.
                            I had a list of what I was looking for. I never wrote it down but found myself filtering by dating women I could not imagine being married to and asked myself why. Below is a list off the top of my head of what I needed in order to fully commit to a lifetime with someone.

1) No drama. It can be fun to date but not to marry. And this sometimes comes disguised as "exciting". Keep and eye on her friends. Birds of a feather flock together.
                            2) Family values. What is her relationship with her family?
                            3) How does she treat other people in everyday life? Is she kind to all?
                            4) Fiscally responsible.
                            5) Strong work ethic. In my case I also wanted highly educated.
                            6) Takes care of herself; physically and emotionally.
                            7) Spiritual. Not the same as religious although this was important. I wanted someone who believed in a higher purpose than just themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                              My wife and I have been married for almost 29 years. I don't believe in "the one". As others have said, you have to both be at the right place in your lives to give to a marriage.
                              I had a list of what I was looking for. I never wrote it down but found myself filtering by dating women I could not imagine being married to and asked myself why. Below is a list off the top of my head of what I needed in order to fully commit to a lifetime with someone.

1) No drama. It can be fun to date but not to marry. And this sometimes comes disguised as "exciting". Keep and eye on her friends. Birds of a feather flock together.
                              2) Family values. What is her relationship with her family?
                              3) How does she treat other people in everyday life? Is she kind to all?
                              4) Fiscally responsible.
                              5) Strong work ethic. In my case I also wanted highly educated.
                              6) Takes care of herself; physically and emotionally.
                              7) Spiritual. Not the same as religious although this was important. I wanted someone who believed in a higher purpose than just themselves.
                              She also has to have her own friends and hobbys or activities.

Comment

Knew it from the 1st date. We've been together for 29 yrs and married for 24.
                                Last edited by icetrauma; 08-20-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X