• Show
Clear All

Few more deer from my lease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog40 View Post

Few more deer from my lease

Those whitetail have some age to them. Shooters in my book.

Comment

Great deer birddog; I agree those whitetail should be hit listers.

I want to head out this weekend but it’s getting up to 90°... makes more sense to wait until Monday-Wednesday. ‘First world problems’

Comment

I had some luck at my place Wednesday. My daughter and I made some jerky from one of the hams today.
          Attached Files

Comment

Dang that’s a very nice axis buck there. Looks mighty tasty .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice smokehouse too

Comment

I've been going out after an elk every absolute chance I can and almost sealed the deal two weekends ago... Called in two smaller guys but I'm not interested in taking a young one (although I have never killed an elk). It's been so dang hot that I think it has shut the elk down but I finally got to do something I have been dreaming of which is have a screaming match with a big bull. One of my best buds and I were within 100 yards of the second biggest bull I know and weren't able to get a shot because of how thick the cedar was. I've also had my bow in hand and rifle on my pack all year until that weekend, would have been ironic to shoot him with a .308 in bow range! I'm the only person I know who had permission to take a free range Texas elk, called one in, and proceeded to pass. I just want one of the big guys so bad..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-VA71KWBkE"]BUGLE BATTLE l Elk Hunting in Texas 2019 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Great Axis, Charlie! Smokehouse looks great too, bet that came out delicious.

Comment

Really enjoyed the Elk video. I subscribed to the channel.

I enjoy drinking milk on hunting trips too.

Comment

Great video Patton. I subscribed. What camera are you guys using. Video quality is really good.

Comment

Cool video, Patton. Good luck getting ol' Whale Tail next time.

Comment

Thanks y'all. Although I can take very little credit- one of my best buds was filming and another one edited the footage.

Shane, I want an Avatar pic like yours!

What's interesting is that is the same bull I called in last year that had a broken beam at the time. He later went on to break his second beam. I was thinking the aggressive tactics would get him to step out the other weekend..

Ford- that camera is a Panasonic VX870, it shoots in 4K and performs well for a camcorder. Photos and SlowMo are relatively limited. We literally picked it up on the way out of town.. The other videos we put up are filmed with a Sony A7II & A7III and a Red Scarlet W.
                          Last edited by Patton; 10-23-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            By real treads you mean like tank tracks right?
                            My cousin in Brady invented the Grub n Rake. Attaches to a skid steer. Cool piece of equipment. Designed for cedar and mesquite removal

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                              Shane, I want an Avatar pic like yours!
                              I'm betting you have one after your next trip to the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                                I've been going out after an elk every absolute chance I can and almost sealed the deal two weekends ago... Called in two smaller guys but I'm not interested in taking a young one (although I have never killed an elk). It's been so dang hot that I think it has shut the elk down but I finally got to do something I have been dreaming of which is have a screaming match with a big bull. One of my best buds and I were within 100 yards of the second biggest bull I know and weren't able to get a shot because of how thick the cedar was. I've also had my bow in hand and rifle on my pack all year until that weekend, would have been ironic to shoot him with a .308 in bow range! I'm the only person I know who had permission to take a free range Texas elk, called one in, and proceeded to pass. I just want one of the big guys so bad..

BUGLE BATTLE l Elk Hunting in Texas 2019 - YouTube

Which county are you boys Elk hunting in?

Comment

Working...
                                X