What are you doing to your lawn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For you guys that like to take of your yard, what are you doing this time of year? I want to get started earlier then normal.

I have a good yard, but it struggles at the beginning of Spring, and takes some time for the St. Augustine to really take over. I usually have a large circle that is dead but by April/May it fills in as the grass spreads.

I'll be starting here in a couple weeks depending on weather. I've attached two PDF's on lawn maintenance, one from TBH advice & Randy Lemmons schedule and the other from Texas A&M.
    Attached Files

Comment

Tagged for later.....

Comment

Here you go...
        Attached Files

Comment

In the next few weeks I will re apply pre-emergent. If I don't, I will get a bumper crop of grassy weeds (mostly Dallisgrass) in late Spring. So far, the stuff I put down in September has kept the broadleaf weeds from popping up. For my area - north Texas/Metroplex it seems the best times for pre-emergent are first week of September and mid-February. I have a few sizable dead patches - not sure if it was grubs, chinch bugs or a fungus. There's not really anything I can do about it until mid-summer. I am also going to do a little tree trimming in my backyard - there are a few areas the grass is getting thin and not thriving due to shade. Even St Augustine needs about 6 hours of sun to stay thick.

Comment

I need to get on fixing my backyard in the house I'm renting now. Dogs have it tore up and I'm moving out soon. Quite a few bald spots

Comment

Ours is ready for a match.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                In the next few weeks I will re apply pre-emergent. If I don't, I will get a bumper crop of grassy weeds (mostly Dallisgrass) in late Spring. So far, the stuff I put down in September has kept the broadleaf weeds from popping up. For my area - north Texas/Metroplex it seems the best times for pre-emergent are first week of September and mid-February. I have a few sizable dead patches - not sure if it was grubs, chinch bugs or a fungus. There's not really anything I can do about it until mid-summer. I am also going to do a little tree trimming in my backyard - there are a few areas the grass is getting thin and not thriving due to shade. Even St Augustine needs about 6 hours of sun to stay thick.
                I have some balds spots also! Not sure if Fungus or grubs also.

Never had my grass this dead and dormant, bc of the several hard freezes below 20 degrees.

Comment

Randy Lemmon fertilation schedule

Comment

Per the photo schedule in post #4, does applying pre-emergent in May help or hurt DFW Bermuda lawns?

Comment

Originally posted by kdkane1971 View Post
                      Here you go...
                      Where exactly do you get any of this stuff at? I always read these lawn threads with product recommendations but can’t ever seem to find it. Are y’all buying online or nusuries, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                        Where exactly do you get any of this stuff at? I always read these lawn threads with product recommendations but can’t ever seem to find it. Are y’all buying online or nusuries, etc...

Check feed stores

Comment

I dont want to derail the thread, but I have a new yard, I just fenced out of a pasture, and im curious when I should start planting st augustine? Theres some pasture grass, but mainly just bare select fill dirt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I won’t do anything to my lawn for 2 more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about DFW burmuda? I sure miss my St Augustine grass.

Comment

Working...
                              X