Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis is DELICIOUS

Comment

Anything but any of the sheep for the most part.
      This. I can't eat sheep.

Comment

For me its:

1. Fallow
        2. Elk
        3. Axis
        4. Nilgai
        5. Oryx/Gemsbok

Comment

I think Axis, Fallow and Blackbuck all taste better than WT. For the Sheep, put it in the crockpot with a bunch of seasoning, slow cook for several hours, then dump out the sheep and eat the crockpot!

Comment

I'm kinda surprised by sheep being a no go? I love farmed sheep and I know obviously there's going ti be a difference, but that much of one? I like goat too though so maybe it's just me.

Comment

Axis is my favorite. I have eaten axis, fallow and sika. To me, fallow and sika are like whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                Axis is my favorite. I have eaten axis, fallow and sika. To me, fallow and sika are like whitetail.
                Man, that hasn't been my experience with fallow at all. With just about any of the exotics (or animals in general) I think how it's butchered and prepared probably makes the biggest difference.

Comment

Axis and Elk- any cut cooked almost any way is awesome!

cricman

Comment

I love farmed sheep and I know obviously there's going ti be a difference, but that much of one?
                    I don't like farm sheep either lol. I do like Cabrito especially at Arturo's in Weslaco.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                      I'm kinda surprised by sheep being a no go? I love farmed sheep and I know obviously there's going ti be a difference, but that much of one? I like goat too though so maybe it's just me.
                      I think A lot depends on what the sheep eat.

Comment

Best I've had was a young sika spike, worst was elk given to me by a neighbor, and next worse was nilgai.

Comment

Sheep is different but man we loved it. I can't wait to get another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

All the exotic deer and antelope are great. Aoudad is edible but needs to be aged, and typically ground into sausage or meat sticks. Most people not knowing otherwise say it tastes like beef. Grilling a steak from any sheep is probably going to turn out pretty bad.

Comment

We have free ranging axis on our land. I try to shoot at least one a year for meat. Very good

Comment

This thread is making me hungry!

Comment

Working...
                                X