Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread.

Comment

Awesome !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
        The gate is hung!!! Now to get some latches installed and caps on the steel pipes, and paint it!

That is cooler than the other side of the pillow!

Comment

Wow.
          I'm impressed.
          I have a similar sized piece of land (~20acres) in ETX and am trying to figure out ways to "work" it.
          Thus far all I've come up with is a 1/3 acre bluegill pond.
          There are deer on the property and surrounding areas as I saw one myself darting across the road that runs through my property into the bush and I met a hunter that hunts the 200 acres behind mine.

My first order of business is I need to buy a tractor of some sort so I can do some bush hogging and knock down a few trees

Comment

Gate is awesome looking....

Comment

Looking good my friend

Comment

Awesome thread

Comment

Just now seeing this thread and I read the whole thing. Your place is really looking good. Congrats. I grew up in Milano and hunted all over Milam County.

Comment

Well, airehead and I got a camper set up at the ranch today, set up a tripod right by the feeder for bow hunting, and a new covert cam!

Next up is pulling power to the camper, and building the corral trap around the feeder!

Comment

sweet....

Comment

Do you think that stand will work? I think you will be busted long before an animal comes in.

You should put it back in the brush and maybe a burlap piece in front of it

Comment

very cool thread just read it all!

I like following along on these kinds of threads as we have recently done this to our place. Couple things:
                          1. Any deer pics this past season
                          2. Glad you moved that limb over the blind, I saw that problem coming with that tree ruining the blind.
                          3. Your camera looks to be too far away and/or low based on the pics posted

Comment

When you are sitting on that tripod, you are very camouflaged against the tree, and it is no problem at all.
                            Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            Do you think that stand will work? I think you will be busted long before an animal comes in.

No deer on camera this season unfortunately. But, things are getting better in my area every year, and I expect to be seeing them before too long. In regard to the camera, I already tested it and it is more than adequately able to catch emotion and photograph things under the feeder.
                            very cool thread just read it all!

I like following along on these kinds of threads as we have recently done this to our place. Couple things:
                            1. Any deer pics this past season
                            2. Glad you moved that limb over the blind, I saw that problem coming with that tree ruining the blind.
                            3. Your camera looks to be too far away and/or low based on the pics posted

Comment

if this is for night time only hunting tripod should be fine. But if they start showing during the day you will only be able to fool them 1 time. I would push it back the brush. For nothing more than to be able to move a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                                if this is for night time only hunting tripod should be fine. But if they start showing during the day you will only be able to fool them 1 time. I would push it back the brush. For nothing more than to be able to move a bit more.
                                The good thing is it's very easy to move one person can move it around by themselves with no trouble.
                                It's really neat place out there and I enjoyed the visit!!

Ron

Comment

Working...
                                X