No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys a quick update from Pulsar on the firmware for the Trails and Helions. Pulsar just pushed out the new firmware version 02.00.002.A and it's available for download and installation via the StreamVision app. I know everyone was waiting on the audio recording feature to be enabled but it's not going to be in this release. Pulsar is still working on it and from what I've heard and they are saying it should be pushed through as an update this fall.

Here is a quick run down of the new updates. I've just updated one of my Trail XP50's and I had no issues. I'm still testing so I'll report back with any major improvements or problems I notice.

Trail/Helion
    • The video recording capabilities have been improved and the recorded video files should be an even better quality.
    • Wi-fi capabilities have been upgraded and the connection strength and stability improved.
    • The stadiametric rangefinder has been tweaked to provide more accurate range finding read outs.
    • Remote controls can be un-paired from the thermal unit and a new/replacement remote paired.

Trail Only Changes
    • Recoil activated video recording has been added.
    • A new reticle named M56F has been added.
    • Shot counter added.
    • When auto-shutdown is enabled there is now a shutdown warning indicator if the scope has been in the stationary position for the per-determined amount of time.

I just thought I'd let all the Trail/Helion owners know so they can go do the update. Hope this info helps, let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

- Jason

Comment

1 Shot From .223 Drops 2 Wild Hogs..

I'd rather be lucky than good anyday of the week, and dropping 2 hogs with 1 shot from a .223 is just pure dumb luck!! After seeing this sounder act spooked and skiddish, I realized that I've been wearing the same hunting clothes 3 nights in a row and I stunk to high-hell! They definitely we're picking up my scent, I'm surprised that they just didn't drop dead from the musky aroma coming from my sweaty clothes. I started to get very anxious because my shooting window was disappearing quickly. I finally had a chance for a clean headshot and was surprised to find that my 1 shot actually went through the head of the first hog and entered the lungs of the hog behind the first one! Dumb luck but I'll take it...

https://youtu.be/BIzZ675AllI

Comment

Originally posted by HansETX View Post
        I'd rather be lucky than good anyday of the week, and dropping 2 hogs with 1 shot from a .223 is just pure dumb luck!! After seeing this sounder act spooked and skiddish, I realized that I've been wearing the same hunting clothes 3 nights in a row and I stunk to high-hell! They definitely we're picking up my scent, I'm surprised that they just didn't drop dead from the musky aroma coming from my sweaty clothes. I started to get very anxious because my shooting window was disappearing quickly. I finally had a chance for a clean headshot and was surprised to find that my 1 shot actually went through the head of the first hog and entered the lungs of the hog behind the first one! Dumb luck but I'll take it...

Great video Hans, I'll take luck any day of the week as well.

Y'all welcome Hans to TBH. I ran into him on another forum and he's a great guy and a serious hog hunter. Glad to have you at TBH.

- Jason

Comment

Friday Guns. #DiePiggyDie. POF P-308, a Dead Air Sandman L a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover with a IR Hunter Mk II

I got this one on the run at about 125 yards after missing his head.

This was the perfect head shot.

I was using a TNVC pVS-14 in a Wilcox mount on a Team Wendy EXFIL ballistic helmet. I believe this is the most comfortable ballistic helmet I've ever worn.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

why the wrap on the suppressor?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Cuts down mirage from the hot suppressor.

Comment

I wouldn't wear a Team Wendy helmet if they gave it away for free.

Comment

Here are a few kills from my Pulsar Trail xq38. its a game changer..

Last edited by taylormade820; 09-10-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

https://youtu.be/ynsULfNzjMY

https://youtu.be/3LBg4XaeT8c
                    Last edited by taylormade820; 09-10-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      A couple of reasons.
                      1. It keeps a hot suppressor off of my leg arm or plastic parts of the four wheeler that I'm getting on and off of
                      2. When using a thermal weapon sight, it cuts down on the thermal Mirage and that heat coming off the suppressor actually will affect the way thermal weapon sight works

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        I wouldn't wear a Team Wendy helmet if they gave it away for free.
                        That's special. I will say this, it is the most comfortable ballistic helmet that I've ever worn

Comment

Lowry's are in the game with X-sight II

Daughter is planning on ruining a few pig's nights as soon as we can get it all set up

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                            That's special. I will say this, it is the most comfortable ballistic helmet that I've ever worn

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post

https://youtu.be/Zia4hCXTXGM
                              Great job! Man you had some serious hogs out there at one time. Nice shooting and the XQ38 looks great.

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Lowry's are in the game with X-sight II

Daughter is planning on ruining a few pig's nights as soon as we can get it all set up
                              Heck ya, ready to see some kills!

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post

https://youtu.be/Zia4hCXTXGM
                                Good videos... Are you shooting suppressed?

A good REAPER rest will help on follow up shots. A lot of jumpy movement post shot 1

Comment

Working...
                                X