Fish Fry Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish Fry Recipe?

I'm thinking of mixing a little tony's with cornmeal and frying in corn oil. Pretty simple.

Are there better fried fish recipes out there that you like? This is for catfish, and we have a cajun theme going.

We use the Louisiana fish fry in a bag, or zatarains. Both good stuff

Comment

Fish Fry Recipe?

Yes, Louisiana Fish Fry Seasoned

Comment

Fish Fry Recipe?

Can't beat Louisiana Fish Fry.

Comment

Best way so far for me!!!
          Take fillets or nuggets and soak in green tobasco sauce. Sprinkle with garlic powder while soaking for few hrs. Pat to semi dry, lightly batter in seasoned corn meal with cavenders Greek seasoning. Fry in 1/2 cotton seed oil and 1/2 peanut oil. We fry a bunch of onions un battered first to crispy. It's the best fish I've ever had and I grew up eating fish 2-3 times a week

Comment

We just use the zatarains where you soak in ice water, coat with the fry mix and let her rip

Comment

I have fried fish for years and tried everything. This to me is by far the best ever. The yellow bag is too fine almost flourish. This one has good cornmeal texture and the seasoning is almost perfect. I add a little bit of cajun seasoning to give it a little kick but be careful and not add too much because it will get salty. We do big fish frys and everyone says oh man I gotta have your fry mix recipe. Cant tell you that its my secret

Click image for larger version

Name:	k2-_a6901fd4-edd0-43b8-9198-7399c0186d71.v1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	24429289

Comment

Soak in buttermilk and Tabasco then batter in Louisiana fish fry.

Comment

I like two cups cornmeal half cup flour mixed with five tablespoons Creoles seasoning. Little cornstarch (learned that from the Brit royal rifle soldiers) and then just dash a little garlic and pepper, adjust to your liking. Hope you enjoy! It works great for crappie.

Comment

3/4 cup cornmeal

1/4 cup flour

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

This mix will coat about 4 - 5 medium catfish fillets.

Comment

1 cup flour 2 cups cornmeal, 2 tablespoons, cajun seasoning, black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper more if you like hot. Mix 1 egg and large bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce not Tabasco together. Soak fish in hot sauce 1 hour or more I usually sit it in the fridge overnight, then pull fish out of the sauce and shake in the cornmeal mixture fry in peanut oil. Makes a great fish fry.

Comment

Soak in mustard and Louisiana hot sauce

Comment

Louisiana Fish Fry in the blue bag. Simplified my world.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Can't beat Louisiana Fish Fry.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
                              I like two cups cornmeal half cup flour mixed with five tablespoons Creoles seasoning. Little cornstarch (learned that from the Brit royal rifle soldiers) and then just dash a little garlic and pepper, adjust to your liking. Hope you enjoy! It works great for crappie.
                              This would be spicy but it is very very close to mine. I use 1 heaping Tbsp. per cup of cornmeal. It is the bomb for catfish.

Comment

Working...
                              X