Vehicle searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle searches

bukkskins thread got this one rolling. I am not giving my input just yet. Curious to see what yall have to say in reference to a search of your vehicle.

Some of you seem to know a bit more then others. One hint. Operating a motor vehicle in Texas or this Country is a privilege not a right. Hope that helps.

I plead the 5th...for a little while, at least.

Comment

I have to search my my vehicle all the time. For my wallet, cell phone all kinds of stuff. Sometimes the stuff falls between the seats.

Awesome thread.

Comment

If I have the spare time I’ll screw with them if not then sure go ahead. Never gonna find something illegal anyway and highly doubt there’s gonna be a good reason to search mine

Comment

Not a problem here, especially with the world we live in now. I have nothing to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
            bukkskins thread got this one rolling. I am not giving my input just yet. Curious to see what yall have to say in reference to a search of your vehicle.

Some of you seem to know a bit more then others. One hint. Operating a motor vehicle in Texas or this Country is a privilege not a right. Hope that helps.
            What's your question, I'm not following? What about searching a vehicle, sometimes its lawful, other times its not. Just FYI, having a DL and operating a vehicle on the basis of being a privilege and not a right has nothing to do with vehicle searches and the 4th Amendment.

If you are asking if we would allow a random search of our vehicle's without probable cause, my answer would be "no". I'm a PO and I would not submit to the search of my vehicle on the side of the road during a typical traffic stop. I have asked for consent to search thousands of vehicles during my career, if someone says no and I have nothing else, I don't take it personally. Its your right as a US citizen.
            Last edited by rockyraider; 05-15-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Get after it. May find something I had lost

Comment

I let em search mine all the time, no way they find my hidey hole of smack and I keep wrapped up in scentlock clothes and spray it with dead down wind, even the dogs can’t smell it!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	A8D5E0C8-A873-4969-9B4E-33F08638D2ED.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	24539482

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                  Get after it. May find something I had lost
                  Wow^^^^

Won’t find anything in mine except a bunch of tools and work clothes. Usually a mess inside from taking care of cattle and constantly repairing farm and ranch equipment.

Comment

I value my fourth amendment as much as my first,second and all the others. I will not allow a search of my car or my home without a warrant. I don't do anything to give anyone probable cause.

Comment

Pfffff let them search my vehicle any day they’ll never find anything there. Now if they ask to search my anus that’s a different story.

J/k

Comment

I always understood the law to mean that one doesn’t have the rights on a public road they do in a residence. No warrant needed. It’s public livery and you chose to use.

Comment

My vehicle would only be searched if the officer explained his reason (Probable Cause) and a explanation of what he is looking for.

Comment

"f-off & go away"

the end...thanks for playing.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                              I always understood the law to mean that one doesn’t have the rights on a public road they do in a residence. No warrant needed. It’s public livery and you chose to use.
                              just because im in public doesnt mean i give up my rights to privacy, cops cant search you in public for no reason

Comment

Working...
                              X