• Show
Clear All

I guess that is the problem though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      I guess that is the problem though.

The prices came up significantly once they removed cow tags from the NR pool. Another boon for welfare guides/outfitters.

Comment

I wish NM would let NR's apply for cow tags.
        I wish they would too.

Ladrones, I can never find them for much less than @ $700, and a lot of those are Ranch Only. Cow tags have definitely skyrocketed in the last few years.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          The prices came up significantly once they removed cow tags from the NR pool. Another boon for welfare guides/outfitters.
          Also just a product of CO OTC being little more then most can handle. NM in general is typically a lot easier physically.

Best place for LO cow tags are charity auctions.

Comment

I drew the Montana combo-elk license. No specific zone, we’ll hunt no-permit areas.

Time to step-up the physical conditioning program!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
              I drew the Montana combo-elk license. No specific zone, we’ll hunt no-permit areas.

Time to step-up the physical conditioning program!

Same here. Our group didn't draw, but there were so many elk/deer combos available that we all drew and there are 900 tags left over.

Definitely gotta step up the training!!

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                I wish they would too.

Ladrones, I can never find them for much less than @ $700, and a lot of those are Ranch Only. Cow tags have definitely skyrocketed in the last few years.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                I have been able to locate them for 500 ish. That is more than I would pay for a cow tag.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                  I have been able to locate them for 500 ish. That is more than I would pay for a cow tag.
                  Can NR’s buy landowner cow tags? Are there LO cow tags good for the archery seasons?

Comment

Just throwing this out there. Been looking to on an otc elk hunt in Colorado, but don't have anyone else interested in doing the same. I'll be honest never been but doing my homework as much as i can. Hoping that maybe there is a group or someone in the Travis/Williamson county area looking to do the same this year that wouldn't mind an extra set of hands to help with packing out meat or helping with gas.

Comment

Can NR’s buy landowner cow tags? Are there LO cow tags good for the archery seasons?
                      Landowners tags are season specific and are either ranch only or unit wide

Comment

I did a hike up the steepest hill in the county park Sat, and then 4x up/down a stair in a condo complex with 233 steps. Both with 30# in my Kuiu pack. No pain today. Yet.

Comment

I’m going solo on OTC in Colorado week of September 10 in San Juan NTL near Pagosa. Anyone else hunting that area

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                            I’m going solo on OTC in Colorado week of September 10 in San Juan NTL near Pagosa. Anyone else hunting that area
                            Possibly, waiting on a few draws still but that’s historically my back area.

Comment

If you go buy a bear tag also. Predation has been hell on elk herd. Seeing a blk bear is high probability

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                                A buddy and I are looking to make our first elk hunt in the same general area. We are as green as can be on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X