No announcement yet.

Trumps Budget proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americorps. National service is on the chopping block. I train youngsters in conservation and disaster relief.

-------------------------------
    Violence never settles anything
    -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Politicians are involved.....you can bet it'll be FUBAR. There are only two ways to get out of a financial hole. One, bring in more revenue. Two, spend less money. Those are simple business principals that our government can't or won't understand. This could be fixed, but it wouldn't be easy and it wouldn't leave everyone happy. Anyone who has ever revived a struggling business or dug their household out of a financial mess knows it's not easy. But it **** sure is necessary. It a waste of time to argue about what areas should be cut, because it all should be cut. Half of it should be eliminated altogether. It's broken, because 100% of the things that our government touches turns to ****. It doesn't matter if it's Republicans or Democrats in office, our government is broken, our government is entitled, our government is incapable of fixing itself. I'm generally the most optimistic person I know, but this has me shaking my head. Even if we had a great businessman in the White House, there are always gonna be enough government people to keep things from done. Is there any hope? Can this be fixed? I pray so.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        Wonder why social security is included with unemployment and labor. Social security was already paid for and is not and entitlement.

This ^^^*

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          I'm not arguing with you, trust me i agree. just pointing out that no matter how much money the gov. takes in it has always spent more than it has.

They could take in 10 trillion and still spend 12.

Taxes need to be lowered, healthcare removed,welfare removed, and SS phased out over the next 10 years.

What do you mean by phasing out SS?

What happens to all the people that have paid in? Do they get their payments back?

Because if the government stopped making payments to people that have paid in there's going to be violence in the streets.

Comment

SS was and is a flawed system. I planned on the system failing and going away.

It is unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
              Americorps. National service is on the chopping block. I train youngsters in conservation and disaster relief.

-------------------------------
              Violence never settles anything
              -Genghis Kahn
              Gotcha,

My sister does work for US Aid so Im sure she will feel the pain on that one, but there are plenty more NGOs in DC for her.

Comment

Originally posted by M6A2REPR View Post

It is unfortunate.
                ^^^^

This. I have been told for the last 20 years not to count on SS being there for me and to make other plans for retirement. I see it being phased out after the baby boomers and don't think it will be a shock to the younger generations that have paid in.

Comment

Originally posted by M6A2REPR View Post

It is unfortunate.
                  It is nothing more than another tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    It is nothing more than another tax.
                    You are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                      This ^^^*
                      LOL, got to love them big govt libertarians.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        LOL, got to love them big govt libertarians.

Where did I say I agree with it? That's not what I said at all. You should learn to read what I say.

I said I put money into the system for a long time and I want my money back. As did all working Americans.

If Republicans decide to take money away from people that they have already paid in there will be violence in the streets.

Comment

Where did I say I agree with it? That's not what I said at all. You should learn to read what I say.

I said I put money into the system for a long time and I want my money back. As did all working Americans.

If Republicans decide to take money away from people that they have already paid in there will be violence in the streets.

The issue is, that money is already spent the moment it is paid in. It's the world's largest Ponzi scheme. We need to just to acknowledge this, cut our losses and do away with it completely. I know that's never going to happen, but a boy can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            The issue is, that money is already spent the moment it is paid in. It's the world's largest Ponzi scheme. We need to just to acknowledge this, cut our losses and do away with it completely. I know that's never going to happen, but a boy can dream.

I demand my money back, you can cut your loses if you want

Comment

The current budget plan cancels out all after school and summer funding. My wife will lose her job and 11 schools (just from her grant) will have kids not reaping the benefits of what she has put over 10 years into.

Comment

Still advocating for you govt payment or there will be violence huh?

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X