Hudsons trophy deer lick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hudsons trophy deer lick

Anyone use these? It's 14% protein and has peanuts and molasses and other stuff in it.

It's a 60 lb tub for 45 bucks... figured this would be good to have by my feeder to take place of sweet feed. the goats, aoudad, coons, and pigs would love it I'm sure, but the deer and axis might eat on it as well

Not heard of but in for info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Used a similar kind of big tub from TSC and it was molasses flavored. I am loaded in deer and hogs. Neither would touch it

Comment

Any deer licks that you have seen good results with?

Comment

I had a buddy try it on his place in San Angelo area, he wasn't impressed with the results. I would save your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
            I had a buddy try it on his place in San Angelo area, he wasn't impressed with the results. I would save your money.
            Awesome.... it's already on the trailer ready to go to the lease next week

Guess I'll put it out and see what happens

Comment

We have put a couple out, they all got devoured. But, my deer eat anything.

Comment

I've used them on my lease at Dryden. Not sure if its the same brand, but its in a 40# bucket with molasses and peanuts all over the top. It took the deer a little to get used to it, but they liked it. The problem was I couldn't keep the wild sheep and hogs off of it. The first one lasted about 2 months. The next one lasted two weeks cuz the sheep and pigs found it.

Comment

Acco/Sportsmans Choice made a tub that was molasses based 16% protein IIRC that a lot of people fed out west years 15+ years ago. Not sure if they still make it though. IIRC they made it in a short green tub. Everyone said the deer really ate it well and it lasted well in the areas west of Hondo to Del Rio and north of Hwy 90 into West Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    I've used them on my lease at Dryden. Not sure if its the same brand, but its in a 40# bucket with molasses and peanuts all over the top. It took the deer a little to get used to it, but they liked it. The problem was I couldn't keep the wild sheep and hogs off of it. The first one lasted about 2 months. The next one lasted two weeks cuz the sheep and pigs found it.
                    Yep that's what this one is, that's what I figured once the goats and pigs found it would be game over. But it'll give me something to shoot atleast, and maybe feed a deer or axis or 2

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                    Acco/Sportsmans Choice made a tub that was molasses based 16% protein IIRC that a lot of people fed out west years 15+ years ago. Not sure if they still make it though. IIRC they made it in a short green tub. Everyone said the deer really ate it well and it lasted well in the areas west of Hondo to Del Rio and north of Hwy 90 into West Texas.
                    Well I'm In concan so I guess I will see what they think of it

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                      I use to feed this as well. The deer in the hillcountry loved it. I am afraid the hogs will love it as though. I can't find it anymore though.

Comment

I built three feed troughs to put Rice Bran in. I am going to try three of these tubs and set them in the troughs with the bran.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          I built three feed troughs to put Rice Bran in. I am going to try three of these tubs and set them in the troughs with the bran.
                          Hope your deer like it. I'm going to go put mine out next weekend, but won't be able to check up on it until April

Just hope the goats and aoudad don't demolish it in a couple weeks. Then again that would give me something to shoot so maybe it's not so bad lol

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                            Anyone use these? It's 14% protein and has peanuts and molasses and other stuff in it.

It's a 60 lb tub for 45 bucks... figured this would be good to have by my feeder to take place of sweet feed. the goats, aoudad, coons, and pigs would love it I'm sure, but the deer and axis might eat on it as well
                            Where do you get these from?

Comment

Originally posted by bwool View Post
                              Where do you get these from?

I got it at carmine feed store in giddings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X