No announcement yet.

Giant Lampasas Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous deer...too bad it had to end that way. That velvet pic is insane!

Comment

Originally posted by PJ EGBERT View Post
      Hey guys, it was my buck I've had pictures of him for the last three years and I'm still in shock an disbelief!! We first noticed him in the 2015 season as a 11 put around 120-130" an have been feeding protein for the last two years an really felt like we were gonna get him this year!! I'm hoping to maybe get the antlers to have it shoulder mounted.
      Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
      That will probably not happen but maybe you can talk them into letting you have a replica made. Best of luck and sorry for your misfortune!
      This is a possibility. And I know someone who can make the replicas!

Comment

That's about 5 miles north of me, sure hope he spilled some of his seed heading south. Great buck, hate to see them depart like that.

Comment

Glad the guy wasnt hurt that hit him. Its a shame for sure. He had a ton of character, some of the coolest crab claws I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ EGBERT View Post
            Hey guys, it was my buck I've had pictures of him for the last three years and I'm still in shock an disbelief!! We first noticed him in the 2015 season as a 11 put around 120-130" an have been feeding protein for the last two years an really felt like we were gonna get him this year!! I'm hoping to maybe get the antlers to have it shoulder mounted.
            Post some trail cam pics of this beast!

Comment

to bad

Comment

Too bad, but you know the potential in the area.

Comment

Wow ashame

Comment

Originally posted by BigCntry View Post
                    Lol! Maybe we can have a memorial service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    A deer of that caliber needs to be honored lol

Comment

May have missed the response...but, do we have any GW's on the GS that can state what happens with the Buck besides donating any salvageable meat? What happens to the "Rack?" Like many of the GS, I've passed many a Buck that was road kill, seen many where the head was missing so assuming it was a Buck?

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                        May have missed the response...but, do we have any GW's on the GS that can state what happens with the Buck besides donating any salvageable meat? What happens to the "Rack?" Like many of the GS, I've passed many a Buck that was road kill, seen many where the head was missing so assuming it was a Buck?
                        Most of the racks will remain with the GW at his residence or his office. Headless deer on the side of the road could have been the GW but also could have been illegally taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Centraltexan View Post

Here is the only pic I have of him. Beautiful deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          oh no! What a shame

Comment

Comment

That had to be close to our front gate not far we are off the highway on 183

Comment

What the heck was that buck doing out in the middle of the road!

That sucks...for the deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X