TNF National Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KYBourbon View Post
    I’m all for business owners making profits. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to give the color guard tickets to the game.

I just wanted to point out the flag displays aren’t about patriotism (my opinion). Just advertising just like any other business that advertises at the games.
    I totally agree with you. It sort of cheapens the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      I totally agree with you. It sort of cheapens the whole thing.
      Not sort of - It does cheapen the whole thing, and it's ridiculous.

Comment

Make both teams stand and hold a huge flag along with veterans. If they won't do this fire their @SS!

Comment

Honestly, I'd be happy if they didn't show it to the television audience. Let's be honest here, most of us (yes, most, not ALL) sit on our couch and watch the anthem, we don't stand up in our living rooms with our hand over our hearts (yes, I know, some do ). So, to me, by not airing this, you are taking away this "Platform" they are using to protest. If the TV isn't going to cover it, it will tend to go away. That's exactly what should have happened the first time. Take away the stage and the performance goes away.

Comment

another TBH first this week. someone turns in a works cited page like we are writing a college paper just to try to show they are right this site is getting ridiculous lately.

let me get this thread whacked too lol...good to see you are still around kybourbon..turned in anymore bobcat murderers hahaha
            Last edited by ckamp52; 10-13-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              That is a powerful statistic for sure but when you figure that close to 100% of the media is banging the drum for the minority it kinda evens things out. Of course that won't keep the 2/3 majority from tuning out. I think the NFL is about to figure out their fan support is much more fragile than they ever realized. The owners - and the players may just kill the goose that laid the golden egg. No worries - the players can just fall back on their other skills to make millions.
              That last line made me giggle
              I'm in the "not watching the nfl camp",also.The game is extremely boring nowadays.Free agency,too many penalties,and now blatant disrespect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                another TBH first this week. someone turns in a works cited page like we are writing a college paper just to try to show they are right this site is getting ridiculous lately.

let me get this thread whacked too lol...good to see you are still around kybourbon..turned in anymore bobcat murderers hahaha
                It wasn't meant to be a "college paper" but I do not like when misinformation is spread. So instead of having someone doubt what I say might as well post something that backs up my words. It leaves less room for meaningless argument.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                  It wasn't meant to be a "college paper" but I do not like when misinformation is spread. So instead of having someone doubt what I say might as well post something that backs up my words. It leaves less room for meaningless argument.
                  If it weren't for meaningless arguments, we would only have 2 new posts per day!!

Comment

Working...
                  X