No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'll really be living vicariously through all of you guys this year, but I'm determined not to complain. I was blessed to escape Harvey with no damage at home, losing all of my deer equipment to the flood waters at the farm, and having the deer run off again, is a small price that I'll happily pay in exchange

So y'all come through big time for me, please

P.S. Maybe this year will be different and the deer won't leave the area for long periods of time...but after last spring when it took 8 months before I saw a single deer, I'm not holding my breath

Comment

Went to camp and got this guy. Skinned out nicely

[ATTACH]871277[/ATTACH]

Here is my shooter buck. Glad to see him coming along. Not the best pic but I know it's him.
      [ATTACH]871278[/ATTACH]

Comment

Most of these are out of velvet now...
        Attached Files

Comment

I was reading this other post on pop-up blinds. Has anyone used pop-ups in North ETX and killed good bucks out of them?

Comment

Just left my lease. Got 1 blind repaired, 3 food plots in, 3 feeders throwing corn, and shooting lanes trimmed. Also cleaned out 2 other stands. I'm about as ready as I'll ever be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I on our own land 260 acres in Dewitt county. A couple of the blinds were washed away by the flooding so we're gonna have to replace em. A few nice ones got a nice 10 though that I've been eyeing.

Comment

Got some work done today. 1 16ft tree stand. Brushed in the ground blind some more. They are tearing up the corn feeder that is across from the ground blind but no hog tracks at it. They have not touched the protein feeder. Got 1 more 16ft to put up tomorow. I got another spot trimmed in some high grass for my ghost blind for bow blind. 20 yards to middle or ROW, 35 the other 2 lanes.

Comment

Filled some feeders. Prepped some ground for a food plot. Found a shooter buck on camera. Gotta kill some pigs soon...

oh look...what is that?

Comment

Haven't been to our Liberty County place yet... been doing mud-outs all week. Others have told me, there's nothing left... Probably be a while before we can get in to the back areas.. main road has a washed out bridge that cuts off access to a lot of acerage... don't sound good.

Comment

Finally saw a buck on camera, probably first set of horns, he is a little 6 inside the ears and probably an inside spread of 8 inches, but it was nice to finally see one.

The pigs are still there everyday even tho the feeder has been down for a while now.

Still have meat from last season so I'm thinking about taking my ruger ar 5.56 with me when I go hunt this season and if the pigs show up take care of them.

Plus good news, in my county we can now take a doe the first 16 days of the season and I've been needing to take out a couple doe for a while now so if I'm able to do that I won't have to worry about taking a buck this year.

Comment

I'm in, I picked up a lease North of woodville this will be the first year on it, And the first year hunting this area. Any advice is appreciated

Comment

anyone know what the area around Hull and batson look like

Comment

Checked my set up in Livingston on Sunday. Nothing on camera...except me running and swatting to get away from the skeeters. There are currently more mosquitoes in the my piece of thicket than there are fire ants in all of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              Checked my set up in Livingston on Sunday. Nothing on camera...except me running and swatting to get away from the skeeters. There are currently more mosquitoes in the my piece of thicket than there are fire ants in all of Texas.

The love bugs are right behind the skeeters at my place!

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                                The love bugs are right behind the skeeters at my place!

They are bad up in Barnum as well. I can report lots of fruit of persimmon trees and I found the first rub (small pine tree). It's getting close to that time!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X