No announcement yet.

Leica versus Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record I have used Swaro’s for years, great glass and great CS. With that being said, what I do know is your eyes seldom improve with age, so quality glass is very important. Thanks for all the suggestions, the only advantage I saw in the Vortex was size and maybe CS. Swaro’s rangefinder not suitable for bow hunting plus controls not comfortable. Looks like Leica .

Comment

I would go swaro over leica only because their is a consistent on hand history of Leica flip-flopping on wnty issues vs the swaro.

Swaro has a history of being exactly like Leopold & standing behind their product regardless...I know of several issues where Leica crawfished at every opportunity to avoid the same. FWIW.

lol at vortex in the same breath

Comment

Swarovski over either any day of the week. But, just off warranty, and I’d probably not get either of the original mentioned I’d buy the vortex over Leica. My geovids were great glass but the range finder quit working after 14 months and they told me sorry, it’ll be 1800 dollars to replace them. I will never buy another Leica product again. Their CS and warranty sucks! I wouldn’t market a positive for Leica is they gave me a pair

Comment

Had to pay 120$ to repair my Leicas so the warranty is not great

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Id like to know what model of each. My dad has some razor HD 10x42s and I have a set of swaro 10x42 EL HD and its not even remotely close. The HD swaro beats lieca too in my opinion. I have owned all 3. The swaro rangefinder in the binos isnt too impressive but niether is lieca. I use my EL HDs and a sig kilo 2000. I carry them both in an alaska guide creations harness with my kestrel. Everything from spotting to a wind and range call is on my chest and done within 30 seconds usually.

Buy the absolute best you can afford. If it takes saving for a month or two longer then so be it
            This 100%

My buddy sold his razors after our elk hunt and using my EL HD beside them all day. Not close. To some maybe not worth the big price difference and I can understand that, but performance isn’t on the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by hweissert View Post
              Swarovski over either any day of the week. But, just off warranty, and I’d probably not get either of the original mentioned I’d buy the vortex over Leica. My geovids were great glass but the range finder quit working after 14 months and they told me sorry, it’ll be 1800 dollars to replace them. I will never buy another Leica product again. Their CS and warranty sucks! I wouldn’t market a positive for Leica is they gave me a pair
              Same story here, they sent mine back and I resent them in a month later. They claimed a three year warranty on electronics then and these were 8 months old. I actually got in a yelling match with the idiot on the phone and magically I got new ones in the mail 2 months later. I sold mine and went on an Axis hunt with the money,Lol. I dont think I would pick Vortex over Leica for optics, but that is not really an apples to apples comparison.

If someone made a small lightweight version of binos with a rangefinder in them for bow hunting, I would buy them.
              Last edited by Radar; 06-08-2018, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                Those 2 brands shouldn’t be mentioned in the same paragraph if quality and durability is what you’re looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree and I have optics in both. There's Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski - and then there's everybody else.

Comment

I have been very happy with my Leica Geovid HD’s.

Comment

The only similarities are there both binnos, that’s about it.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

I have never looked through a piece of vortex glass that outperformed Leica or Swarovski.
                        Same here and I'll add Zeiss to that list.

Comment

Depends on what your looking for. If looking for the higher quality glass go with the Leica. If looking for warranty and price go with Vortex. I have had both and the Lecia is quite a bit better especially during long glassing sits. However I have never found a time where I was unhappy or couldn’t get things done with the Vortex. I am a bit rough on equipment so I have started using all Vortex because of there warranty and customer service.

Comment

It appears that for bow hunting Vortex Fury should work well, you are not shooting long range or in significant low light situations. I seldom shoot outside 40 yds and if light too low cannot see my pin anyway. Cost, performance for the task at hand, and CS lean towards Vortex.

Comment

The best warranty is one you never have to use. I've had to use Vortex's warranty 4 different time on different optics. Most issues related to internal components coming loose and reticles shifting inside scope.

I have the 10x42 Leica's now and I love them. No issues; super clear optics.

Comment

I hear you, I have a pair of Swaro’s, no issues and have a Vortex I use at home and three I have given to family, so far, about six years, no issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X