No announcement yet.

Toughest animal you’ve seen in person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapped a coyote that had 7 buckshot pellets in him that had healed over.

Comment

Shot a cull buck about 6-7 years ago. When I first saw him I thought he was dragging some vines, this was about 150 yards. When I got to him, I am glad I put him out of major misery. Somehow his privates came loose and they were hanging down, had briars and sticks, he was dragging. That's tough right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
        Hahahahaaa

Comment

Whitetail are up there for me, I've shot one with a 300 WM and couldn't find a drop of blood, 3 weeks later we shoot him not realizing it and walk up to find a hole the size of a baseball where it exited filled with **** and infected bad and he was eating fine, I've seen it happen with bow shots also.

I hadn't killed one but I've seen an Oryx take 2 CCs of bam and walk it off like it's nothing

Comment

Actually, I had a crazy experience just a few weeks back. Dropped a good size boar(about 200lbs) at about 60 yards with a 30-30. Fell in his tracks. Sat there for about 10 minutes watching him struggle and flop his head around. Got down there and put 2 shots of 9mm to the head. Continued to breath heavy and toss his head around. Put another 30-30 round into him and he was still. Great, he's dead. Went back to camp to retrieve some things and went back to him about 45 mintues later, and there he was struggling and tossing his head around again! Only had my 9mm with me when walking back to him this time, put one more in his head and he finally called it quits! Never seen anything like it!

Comment

I was with an acquaintance while deer hunting in New York many years ago, hunting the corn routes with shotguns (slugs). Well he shot 3 deer that day, one of which refused to die. Shoot multiple times, slit the throat, still wouldn't die. Finally he gave up and started to gut it while item was still alive... I've never seen an animal so tough.

Comment

Toughest animal (pound for pound) I’ve seen in person was out at KJO’s old ranch. A guy shot a football sized pig. He said it was a great shot and arrow was still in it when it ran away. He shot it the first evening I was there. Another hunter ended up shooting the same little pig the next morning on the other side of the ranch with the arrow still in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Nobody has said A 271" whitetail buck?
                  Because he wasn't 271" probably closer to 71", shot in the face with .30 150 gr soft point, got to him and he wasn't quite there yet so I thought I'd deliver the coup de grace with the trusty old buck knife. Well the knife poke brought him to life, he kicked me and that buck knifes arse all over that little clearing in the cedars. He ran off like a victororiuos elephant seal, killed him two days later at a water trough about 3 miles from our first encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    East Texas mosquitoe
                    Winner!

Comment

Toughest animal I have ever shot point blank is an old downer cow. Takes a few shots with a 22-250 point blank in the head for her to give it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                        Dying

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                          Or Kansas Bobcats.
                          That's cold brother.

Comment

Shot a Nilgai bull in the shoulder at 200 yds with my 280ai and Barnes LRX...
                            It laughed at me.

Comment

Tough or not...That's gotta hurt.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Possum, one tried to bite me and walk off after a 22 to the head and skinned.

Comment

Working...
                                X