No announcement yet.

Best .30 cal suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KAC 762 QDC can is the best for me. Has the least POI shift of the 9 different 30 cal cans I've used. Best attachment method IMO. Sound reduction is on par with all the other good brands (28dB).

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
      KAC 762 QDC can is the best for me. Has the least POI shift of the 9 different 30 cal cans I've used. Best attachment method IMO. Sound reduction is on par with all the other good brands (28dB).
      I will look into them. Most I have seen have sound reduction of 32-33 DB....so 28 seems a little low.

Edited: THEY are out of my price range. Don't want to spend over $1000

Comment

Knight's is known for true specs. Some companies claim peak numbers on their specs. Durability and the low POI shift are its selling points.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Hmmmm I did not know that. I was just looking at the Kiosk info on their website. That is new to me so I am sort of confused on that route versus in person

I don't think I will want more, I can use this on my .223, 300blk, and 308 plus both my deer rifles

here are my top choices as of now: TB Ultra 7 CB, Omega 300, Sandman S, Crux Ark30 7.5, and YHM 4300 or 3300 TI
          if you read 41p like I do, I tend to side with SilencerCo on the legality. I would advice you call SilencerCo and ask them directly about it. Having said that, SilencerShop probably sells/supplies the most suppressors nationwide. ATF may have already came down if the kiosks were an issue.

Of the cans you have listed I have shot most, Crux being the exception. They are all great in my opinion. It will come down to weight, attach method, muzzle device price (if QD) and to throw this in they all sound different and everyone likes a different tone. You cannot just go by the rated decibel reduction, some louder rated cans sound better imho. Kind of a Ford, Chevy or Dodge thing. Seems you are doing your research, the only thing left to do is find those cans and hear them in person. I suspect you will make your choice at that time. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
            thunderbeast ultra 7 or crux

yhm has a titanium can also
            Thunderbeast is far and away the best.

Comment

Use mine this weekend
              You will make the right choice, a lot of good info on here as always!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                Thunderbeast is far and away the best.
                It seems to be real popular on here.

My only complain is it does not come with a lifetime warranty like alot of brands.

Comment

I got a Thunderbeast ultra 7 and I'm really pleased with it

Comment

My only complain is it does not come with a lifetime warranty like alot of brands.
                    Well, let me tell you about my experience with Thunderbeast. They did a voluntary recall of the .338 two years ago. I had a choice of sending mine back in and getting it rebuilt with upgraded baffles or pay for another tax stamp and get a whole new upgraded suppressor that was a couple ounces lighter than my original. I paid for the stamp. They didn't have to offer that option, and it cost them big time to do that. Also, when you call them, you speak to a person, not a machine. As far as "lifetime warranties" go, there are three things that can happen to damage a suppressor: baffle strike, impact damage, or complete blowout. All are caused by user error, and all will void any type of warranty.

Comment

The original 30-P1 was, and some may say still is, the gold standard in precision rifle suppressors. ThunderBeast puts out quality suppressors; however, for your application I think you will find something that fits better.

Comment

As far as "lifetime warranties" go, there are three things that can happen to damage a suppressor: baffle strike, impact damage, or complete blowout. All are caused by user error, and all will void any type of warranty.
                        This is not true based on my reading. Some have a one time no questions asked replacement, even user stupidity

Eventually after a while 10+ years of frequent use, a suppressor can wear out. And this will be covered. I talked to CS from a popular brand yesterday and they confirmed this

Comment

All are caused by user error, and all will void any type of warranty.
                          That is absolutely not true with SilencerCo. Call and ask them, they will tell you that being stupid will only cost you the second time.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                            That is absolutely not true with SilencerCo. Call and ask them, they will tell you that being stupid will only cost you the second time.
                            My experiences with Silencerco have been less than spectacular. I have a 7.62SD which chronically loosens and has been repaired once, but hoops had to be jumped through, and there was no admission of a design flaw. Ask virtually anyone who has a Silencerco suppressor that uses a 51T mount, and they will tell you all about it.

Comment

AAC SDN-6

Compact, light, priced right.

Comment

My experiences with Silencerco have been less than spectacular. I have a 7.62SD which chronically loosens and has been repaired once, but hoops had to be jumped through, and there was no admission of a design flaw. Ask virtually anyone who has a Silencerco suppressor that uses a 51T mount, and they will tell you all about it.
                                Seems to be many happy people with an Omega 300.

I called them and the guy was very nice and knowledgeable. Answered all my questions and knew what he was talking about.

Other then that i do not know about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X