3/4 ton gassers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brandon123 View Post
    I have a '15 2500 Z71 with a 6.0. I LOVE this truck. It pulls my 34' 5th wheel just fine and rides super smooth.

What gears do you have in this one?

Comment

Originally posted by brandon123 View Post
      I have a '15 2500 Z71 with a 6.0. I LOVE this truck. It pulls my 34' 5th wheel just fine and rides super smooth.

I have a 15 z71 with the 6.0 and I like it a lot but rides like crap compared to my tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        I have Ford F250 6.2 gasser. I'm averaging 12-15 in town if I'm not pushing it. Has plenty of power towing for me.
        Same here. I hauled my travel trailer and never even knew it was behind me. I haven't hauled a real heavy load yet but I am very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          I have a gas 2500. I love it - especially when I fill up and my gas is 40 cents cheaper per gallon. And oil changes are cheaper. I got 14 gallons per mile in 2000 when it was brand new. At 225K miles, I still get 14 miles per gallons.
          Yikes...can't afford 14 gallons per mile.
          Last edited by Stykbow; 04-18-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
            For pulling, a manual tranny is always better for sure. You can put way more miles on it if you pull alot vs. an auto.

Really need to watch that trans temp with the autos.
            Not in today's world. I would be willing to bet if most on here bought a manual transmission, most would burn the clutch out in a heartbeat! I have driven both and the auto will be way better in the long run than a clutch!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
              Oil change for starters.
              What does an oil change for a gas engine cost? Mine is 2002. I've driven the 5.4 Triton and there's NO WAY it would compare in power or fuel economy. From what I remember the V-10 got better fuel milage and had adequate power.

I wonder how many 325K+ gas engines from 5.4 or V10 are still on the road today?
              Last edited by JonW; 04-18-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mactownfuzz View Post
                There's been a lot of talk on here recently about diesels and the need or lack of need for them. I'm going to be purchasing a new truck 3/4 ton truck in the near future.

Those of you who have a 3/4 ton gasser, do you wish you'd gone diesel? I feel like 90% of my use a gas truck will be fine, so I don't know that the cost increase for the diesel will justify itself when I do pull the occasional trailer or heavy load. Anyone have any 3/4 ton gas tips or things I should be aware of?
                I've posted this multiple times on various truck threads...I just retired my company truck last month right after bownanza with 335,000 miles from a 2011 6.0 Chevy.

I only pull 10% of the time...I personally would not go diesel unless I could afford to gamble the wnty of a full delete & pulled more often. I actually wasn't aware but keep hearing how these new diesels are no longer good idling for long periods of time?? Assuming this is because of the def crap??

I drive 300-400 miles a day on average & not uncommon for me to start it in the AM & not shut her off till I'm back home....especially now with the heat. The rule 'used' to be the gassers would be the one to overheat during our awful summers if they sat idle for extended periods, while diesels were actually happier at idle.

Comment

Working...
                X