X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    No. An NFA trust is just for NFA items.

Gary
    That is actually incorrect. You can put a state items and personal property and your gun trust. It is a revocable living trust after all

Ferl free to give me a call.

Legally Own NFA Firearms Do you want to legally own NFA firearms, such as suppressors / silencers, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, or fully-automatic weapons / machine guns? We can help you. Are you looking for an experienced Texas NFA gun trust attorney to answer your questions an

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
      That is actually incorrect. You can put a state items and personal property and your gun trust. It is a revocable living trust after all

Ferl free to give me a call.

Legally Own NFA Firearms Do you want to legally own NFA firearms, such as suppressors / silencers, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, or fully-automatic weapons / machine guns? We can help you. Are you looking for an experienced Texas NFA gun trust attorney to answer your questions an

If you would have read my later post you would have seen where I corrected and said shouldn't instead of couldn't but each will do what they want. However I can have my business partners on my NFA trust so we can all use the items on our ranch. That's not who I would want on a trust that has my house or another item meant for my wife or kids when I die.

Gary

Comment

This might seem like a stupid question but I am clueless, does your rifle need to be braided for the can to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
          This might seem like a stupid question but I am clueless, does your rifle need to be braided for the can to fit?
          If by "braided" you mean "threaded," then yes. This isn't Louisiana Bow Hunter, where guys talk about how to slap a 2-liter of Mountain Dew on the end of a rifle with half a roll of duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            If by "braided" you mean "threaded," then yes. This isn't Louisiana Bow Hunter, where guys talk about how to slap a 2-liter of Mountain Dew on the end of a rifle with half a roll of duct tape.
            Just making sure, so I would have to have all my guns threaded... How much does that cost?

Comment

If you use Class 3 Machine just a thread job is $50, $65 if you have it cut too. Most gunsmiths, especially precision ones, are going to charge $125-$150 to do it.

Comment

dang double post...

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                  If you use Class 3 Machine just a thread job is $50, $65 if you have it cut too. Most gunsmiths, especially precision ones, are going to charge $125-$150 to do it.
                  3DW5, I agree with Jethro. Morgan Richey at Class III Machining in Dallas is my go-to guy. I'm about to send him some more toys to thread. If you have a rifle, you can either have it threaded at its current length, or you can have it cut down as short as 16" and then threaded. There are pros and cons to each, but ultimately barrel length is a personal decision.

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a can and after reading this thread decided I better do a trust first. I ended up using guntrustguru and it was super easy. Even called and had all my questions answered.

Now the fun part of shopping for a can starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you would have read my later post you would have seen where I corrected and said shouldn't instead of couldn't but each will do what they want. However I can have my business partners on my NFA trust so we can all use the items on our ranch. That's not who I would want on a trust that has my house or another item meant for my wife or kids when I die.

Gary
                      Sorry about that. Missed your later post.

If you are going to add anyone to the trust you should vet them carefully and ensure that they are appropriate for the uses the trust will be assigned.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                        I believe the only benefit of a trust now is for estate planning (if you die).
                        It also allows you to share and/or loan any items owned by the trust with others... impossible by individual registration.
                        What if it's at the house or in your car and you're not there for some reason but your wife is and something happens. She's arguably committing a felony, maybe without knowing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                          ??What exactly happens when you get divorced? How can her name be removed from the trust, or another name added?
                          with forms your attorney should provide you.
                          this is why you need an attorney... a good one, and not an off-the-shelf, one-size-fits-all trust off a website.

Comment

Gary
                            whether or not any individual should or shouldn't depends on their circumstances... so it's not a general rule as you said it was.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              whether or not any individual should or shouldn't depends on their circumstances... so it's not a general rule as you said it was.
                              I guess you're just a better lawyer than the one I paid. I'll call him and let him know you think it was bad advice.

Gary

Comment

I guess you're just a better lawyer than the one I paid. I'll call him and let him know you think it was bad advice.

Gary
                                We're collectively sorry you have buyer's remorse. Time to drop it and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X