Dove marinated in Hellman's mayonnaise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove marinated in Hellman's mayonnaise

Buddy told me to try this. Rub dove in Hellman's and let them set in frig over night. Don't add salt only pepper as the mayo has enough sat. Throw them on the grill. I know it sound nasty but it is incredible. It adds so much moisture they don't need bacon.
    Last edited by Mohawkman; 08-16-2017, 08:26 PM.

Worth a try. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Works with chicken/quail on the pit too

Comment

I call BS...

Bacon is essential in any case

Comment

I might have to give this a try here in a couple weeks when I finally have some dove to eat!

Comment

Ill try honey mustard maybe before I wrap in bacon and jalapeno.....lol....mayo?? I don't like mayo

Comment

I don't think you will taste the mayo. Never had doves that way but other meats and you can't tell its mayo.

Comment

You cant taste the mayo. I am a big bacon jalapeño guy my self. Just do what I did. I did 20 the way I always do. Baco jalapeno cream cheese, and 5 whole bone in with the mayo. (Because I was a skeptic).

Comment

Negative, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                    Buddy told me to try this. Rub dove in Hellman's and let them set in frig over night. Don't add salt only pepper as the mayo has enough sat. Throw them on the grill. I know it sound nasty but it is incredible. It adds so much moisture they don't need bacon.

I throw them in a bowl and cover them in water for 12 to 24 hrs. Drain water season to taste, cream cheese, jalapeño and wrap in bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like mayo but I don't know about that.

Comment

Cmon, Coach. You know you aint that picky.

Comment

Mayo is just oil and egg. You'd be surprised how many thing you eat at a restaurant that they use mayo in. Especially desserts.

Comment

I HATE mayo BUT I'd give it a try... I do something similar when grilling chicken wings. Toss them in real mayo and season with whatever i'm feelin'. You cant taste the mayo and it helps crisp up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              Mayo is just oil and egg. You'd be surprised how many thing you eat at a restaurant that they use mayo in. Especially desserts.
                              Yep. Pretty tasty oil & egg at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X