Show off
      Another Mexico cull deer

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        I like 8 yards personally...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
        Bet he didn’t go far

Comment

The closer, the better! Most of my stuff is set up at 15 yards. That way if the animals hang up behind the feeder, they are still at a comfortable distance.

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

I practice to 80yds. I can keep all shots inside the "Paper Plate" that all the trad guys like to use as the yardstick of "Acceptable Distances".

That being said I limit shots on deer to 20yds (hogs and varmints........they just need to die).

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
              Bet he didn’t go far
              Surprisingly about 60 yards ...

Comment

good to 30... most confident 20-25...absolutely suck at 10....

and im not too good when using a 30 yard pin at 20 either no matter how much i've rehearsed it in my head while watching the animal walk in.....

Comment

30 max for me but practice a lot at 20

Comment

What distance do you shoot best at?

15-20.... I practice at 19 yards in my garage/shop. I stretch out to 25 in my backyard occasionally but prefer to keep my shots under that as they duck the string enough under that. My feeders are all set at 17.
                    Last edited by Smart; 03-26-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

10 or less

Comment

30 - 35 yards. Bow noise is nil at these yardages...this sequence of shots, show nothing moved through the shot. No string jump......NATHA. The closest deer, rump toward camera and left of the 12 pointer, was 28 yards. Buck was beyond that around 31.

I've shot antelope at 71 yards and 55 yards, you take what you get with antelope.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          I like 8 yards personally...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                          Yep or 5....

Comment

The closer the better for me as well! I practice out at further distances (50-60 yards) to make the closer ones feel like chip shots!

Comment

I think sometimes we focus in on the spot better at the longer yardage. When you are that focused your follow through is better and you are more dialed in.

Comment

17.5 yards..................................,.old traditional joke.

I hunt with a recurve and like deer to be 15 to 30 yards, I think. Killed a nice 10pt and was asked how far. I said I didn't know. When pressed for an answer, I said about 35 yards maybe, but shoot instinctive, they didn't have a clue what that meant. We found the blood trail and where he was standing when the arrow hit him. One of the compound guys ranged the distance and it was closer to 55 yards. They gave me some flack for shooting so far. Again I told them I shoot instinctive and to look it up in the dictionary.

Comment

Working...
                                X