X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Copper is good as well.
    x2

Less crowded than the others in Summit County.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      Back when we used to ski a lot, you could stay somewhere like Frisco and get lift tickets that were good for several of the local ski resorts (Keystone, Copper Mtn, Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek, Arapaho Basin). Ski the Summit or something like that (Summit County). Winter Park is nice too but a lot of people from Denver ride the train there so it can get crowded depending on when you go.
      X2
      Frisco is a great little town just 15 minutes from Breck. Its got everything you may need from grocery stores to eateries and sporting goods stores. Plus you dont have to deal with the touristy side of Breckenridge when you are not actually skiing. We went to Breck this summer and it was PACKED. Awesome experience but im sure it gets even more packed during winter months.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Yes but it is a long way from Denver.

Champagne Powder of Steamboat.
        Another vote for Steamboat, its my new favorite ski destination in Colorado. Its a great ski resort and the town itself is pretty sweet as well. But yeah I really underestimated that drive from Denver.

Comment

We like to stay in Leadville and you can ski all the I70 slopes.

Comment

If you're going to Denver and want to stay close, Loveland is just north of there, closer than breckenridge. My personal choice is breck over anywhere else in CO. I would look up online all the places you can go, there are tons. Thing with breck is it and steamboat will be your most expensive places

Comment

We drive from Houston to Steamboat every year. It's only about an hour farther depending on what your comparing it to. We love the town. It's more of a country town with a ski resort than the other way around. We go the mountain pass from winter park this year. It gives us 6 days at Steamboat included and the kids ski free. Steamboat's lift ticket people steered me to it.

Comment

If budget/value is #1, look at Durango. Great town, good food, good people, good options. Deals on flights and lift tickets are tough to beat.

I've skied and boarded every resort in Colo. starting in the 80's. We lived in Grand Junction and Denver for a few years.

Wolf Creek, Telly, and Breck are the top 3 (that order) in Colo if you're advanced to intermediate and want the best. They also take the longest to get to on a budget.

Comment

If you like the park, Breck's is better.

Comment

I just got an email from Steamboat.com about 25% lifts and lodging thru 10/14. FYI

Comment

We will be in telluride week before. Christmas. ..Breckinridge was fun when we went there

Comment

I'm headed to Vail in January. Tickets from SA to Denver were dirt cheap and with my SWA points I got two round trip, non-stop flights for free. Found a nice condo on AirBnB for $1800 for 5 days. Split that between me and my wife and another couple. So far I am just out $900 for a place to stay. Will be spitting rental car as well. I am sure the lift tickets are doing to be expensive. We'll probably hit up Ski Cooper a day or two. I liked Winter Park the few times I have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                          I'm headed to Vail in January. Tickets from SA to Denver were dirt cheap and with my SWA points I got two round trip, non-stop flights for free. Found a nice condo on AirBnB for $1800 for 5 days. Split that between me and my wife and another couple. So far I am just out $900 for a place to stay. Will be spitting rental car as well. I am sure the lift tickets are doing to be expensive. We'll probably hit up Ski Cooper a day or two. I liked Winter Park the few times I have been there.
                          Yeah we grabbed tickets during the 3 day sale with points so we're saving there - we're also in Houston.

Did you stay in the Winter Park lodges when you went? Or rent a house out of town?

Comment

Steamboat,Breckenridge, Winter Park all good choices

Comment

I like to stay in Breck, it is about 15 minutes from Keystone if you want to ski both mountains. Breck has a nice main street with good food and drink along it, and lift tickets will work at both mountains. You don't really save any money buying lift tickets early but they will mail you a plastic card to your home and it eliminates a task that you would have to do when you get into town.

AMR Ski Rentals in Breck has a 25% discount on gear if your prepay 14 days in advance, they are located close to the gondola.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
                                Breck or keystone. Great places!!!!
                                X2...

Comment

Working...
                                X