Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know where to get some of them

Comment

Yes Big D is one of the shooters I grew up hunting around. You can buy them online from the vortex website. I think it reroutes you to another website to purchase them. I heard they had a disagreement with Cabelas on an invoice and now Cabelas is no longer selling them.

Comment

The 2-3/4" cut on the 125 grain cuts impressive holes and if the animal is quartering, the cutting width is even bigger. These heads and their larges cutting width do more damage than even Rage heads.

But Rage heads have bigger entrance holes which is important because as many have posted previously, you don't always get the exit wound with these heads.

Mar-Den has outstanding customer service and they used to send a free pack of heads if you sent a pic of an animal killed with their product.

I used them for 10 years with complete confidence, I switched to Rage for the larger entrance wound.

If you keep shots at reasonable distances and push good KE, Vortex broadheads are a great choice. <--Just my opinion.

Comment

i like the blood runners

Comment

Originally posted by Shough View Post
            I used the them for years with great success however, I got very few pass through shots. I used the 125 grain that opened to 2 3/4. I never lost an animal but without an exit wound, I always worried that I might so I switched to Slick Tricks and have never looked back. Slick Tricks are a lot sharper and more durable. Almost every shot with a Vortex bent blades.
            Same exact story here. With a 28 inch draw length, I was maxing out my bow at 70 lbs and still did not get pass throughs. But I shot 4 deer with them and found them all within 30 yards of the shot. I got to worrying if a bruiser buck came out, the broadhead may not penetrate deep enough. So I switched to slick tricks a few years ago.

Jimbow

Comment

Work great on black bear. I have seen great results on deer too but stay away from shoulders or heavy bone as the blade angle does not lend well to deep penetration.

Huge holes though.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                The 2-3/4" cut on the 125 grain cuts impressive holes and if the animal is quartering, the cutting width is even bigger. These heads and their larges cutting width do more damage than even Rage heads.

But Rage heads have bigger entrance holes which is important because as many have posted previously, you don't always get the exit wound with these heads.

Mar-Den has outstanding customer service and they used to send a free pack of heads if you sent a pic of an animal killed with their product.

I used them for 10 years with complete confidence, I switched to Rage for the larger entrance wound.

If you keep shots at reasonable distances and push good KE, Vortex broadheads are a great choice. <--Just my opinion.
                +1

Comment

vortex broadheads

My buddy asked me to research to see if these are still available--->

Mar-Den (sp?) vortex pro Extreme 100 Grain

He can not find them to purchase new anywhere online. Anyone know where he can order some, or are they out of business?

Last edited by Rambow; 10-24-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

No sir they have quit selling them! Sucks bc they were awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
                      No sir they have quit selling them! Sucks bc they were awesome.
                      I still buy em. Best **** mech made to this day imo. And I shoot the 125 Solid Steel.

Comment

they are very good broadheads. little fragile after hitting bone or shoulder like most mechanical heads but on good shots they do lots of damage cutting through ribs and lungs. Very small tracking jobs if at all. Most deer I have shot with them have fallen in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                          I still buy em. Best **** mech made to this day imo. And I shoot the 125 Solid Steel.
                          Where you gettin em ragin??

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
                            Where you gettin em ragin??
                            X2

Comment

Originally posted by Rambow View Post
                              X2
                              From Vortex. Bought a dozen last spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                                From Vortex. Bought a dozen last spring.
                                I tried for him.

1) website won't let me order
                                2) website ph# directs me to a new #
                                3) new# directed to goes to busy signal

Comment

Working...
                                X