No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw deer on hoof this morning, in the SAM, get out there!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
      I saw deer on hoof this morning, in the SAM, get out there!
      Nonsense, there are no deer in the Sam

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ View Post
        Long time listener, first time caller...

For you guys running trail cameras that don't mind sharing, have yall seen much daytime action yet the last few weeks now that a couple cool fronts have come through or is everything still nocturnal?

I've got some good steady game tracks on the creek bottom I've been hunting with acorns starting to fall but work kept me too busy to get any decent scouting in. Best of luck to yall, another temp drop coming on Sun/Mon.

Kevin
        Welcome Kevin.
        Like they said, it really depends on seat time.
        I have sat in a spot one week and have tons of action. Then weeks seeing nothing. Right before I list all my hunting equipment on ebay, another deer comes by. Good luck.

Comment

Howdy everyone. New guy here. I've been gun hunting SHNF since 2013. I don't bow hunt but this seems to be the best place on the internet to discuss Texas public hunting, so here I am!

I'll spare you all the "can I have your gps coordinates" conversation as I've got my own spot. Used to have 2 but my second spot is next to impossible to get to these days. I was successful 3 of the 4 years I've been out there. I got a doe tag this year so I'm extra excited.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you out there (just not in my spot ).

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
            Howdy everyone. New guy here. I've been gun hunting SHNF since 2013. I don't bow hunt but this seems to be the best place on the internet to discuss Texas public hunting, so here I am!

I'll spare you all the "can I have your gps coordinates" conversation as I've got my own spot. Used to have 2 but my second spot is next to impossible to get to these days. I was successful 3 of the 4 years I've been out there. I got a doe tag this year so I'm extra excited.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you out there (just not in my spot ).
            Welcome - success 3 of 4 years is pretty good to me. Most of the guys on here are pretty good unless you ask GPS, etc. or ask questions that show you haven't done your homework like "do I have to wear orange". And stay away from DMACK. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
              And stay away from DMACK. Good luck.
              Lmao! Soooooooo true!

Comment

DMack is good people as long as your not a spike

Comment

Where is DMack haven't heard of him this year

Comment

Yeah, where is he? And what about that kid who killed the last nice buck out of the Sam about 3 years ago? I think his handle was "deerhunterguy" or something like that. Wonder how he's fared since then.

Comment

I saw Dmack on a milk carton the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        Man I’d like the width but my God his tines are short.... if this is a “great” deer for the Sam then I’ll drop him. But geeze I was hoping to see 130’s to 140’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        You better be real lucky or live in those woods to see 140, if you find 130-140 every year you need to put on a clinic. I'd love to learn how

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          Yeah, where is he? And what about that kid who killed the last nice buck out of the Sam about 3 years ago? I think his handle was "deerhunterguy" or something like that. Wonder how he's fared since then.
                          I had talked to Dmack a week before season started their doing fine. As for deerhuterguy he's doing ok also my son knows him.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            Yeah, he was killing them left and right a couple years ago. Hate DMACK isn't around, he kept it lively.

Comment

So how warm is it going to be Saturday morning? Probably to warm for me!!

Comment

Hey guys just checking in. My hunting season hasn't even remotely been possible yet due to work. Maybe late season for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X