No announcement yet.

How to secure a lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found my lease right here on TBH. I knew it was going to take awhile and I was patient in my search. I read a lot and followed a lot of good guidance from reading the good and bad about others experiences with their leases and am glad I did. I lucked out and got in with a great group on a great lease.

My best advice to you at this point is be patient, and know that 9 time out of 10 a lease isn't just going to fall into your lap. Networking here will pay off highly IMO. You're on here and TBH'ers take care of their own in helping out. Best of luck brother.

Comment

Chamber of commerce

Comment

I have an opening on mine in Schleicher- Irion county. Family friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I found my lease by talking to land owner. He not only leased me a great property at a great price, he lets me hunt his other three properties for free but to hunt those other properties for free I have to keep the feeders(10) running and they are my feeders. That isn't a problem for me because I would have done it anyway. Before I had these places to hunt, I had free access to 4 other properties but they were not near as good as my current places so I no longer hunt them. I found those places also by talking to the land owners. Talking to land owners takes a certain knack and if you think you can just walk up to a land owner or call one and ask to lease or hunt the place right off you will get a heck of a lot of NO'S. I also find it much easier to get permission to hunt hogs first and then as I build a relationship with the owner I will move on to asking permission to hunt deer. Most of the time if I get permission to hunt hogs, I will end up with permission to hunt deer. In fact, the lease I hunt now I got by talking to the land owner about hogs first. He had 8 bow hunters that leased it from Sept. 1st to December 1st but he told me I could hunt hogs any other time for free. After the first year hunting it I was talking to the land owner about it and he said if I wanted to lease the entire place for the entire year at same price as what the 8 bow hunters were paying for 3 months he would do it. I jumped on it quick when he told me the price because it was about the same I was paying for a single spot on a lease the same size that wasn't near as good for deer and had 8 other members. Even though I have very good places to hunt now, I'm always trying to find other better places although better then what I have now is going to be tough to find in this area but you never will know unless you keep looking. I found one of the places I no longer hunt while I was at Academy buying hunting gear. There was a lady looking at game camera's and I could tell she was having a hard time deciding. I asked here if she would like some help and from there I ended up getting permission to hog hunt her families place. I tell you this just to let you know, you never know who might have a place for you to hunt, you just have to keep a open mind and talk to as many people you can and if your personable you will more then likely stumble onto a place. Of course it helps that I don't live in a big city, it's going to be much tougher to do what I'm saying in a big city.

Anyway, I hope this helps you in some way to find a place.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            I found my lease by talking to land owner.
            Pretty much the best way. Also, looking at maps and seeing who owns what. Found 35 acres that a guy owned that I worked for in high school. Knocked on his door and acquired about it. Turned out, that 35 acres was his wife's. She also had 2 sisters, which all of them had inherited land. Turned out to be over 400 acres, which I still hunt today. That was almost 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              Check your PM box.

Received, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                Have you actually leased property thru the CAD process you have described above?
                Yes, several. I have also helped a couple of friends get places this way too.
                Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                Have you actually leased property thru the CAD process you have described above?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked the owners son as a roommate in college!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Chamber of Commerce listings on counties website

Comment

I walked up to my neighbor and asked. He has 1500 acres

Comment

Working...
                      X