Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I sure hope I get picked for something....

141 $ worth....

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
      Does anybody know anyone that has actually been drawn for pronghorn? I never seem to hear anything about it.
      I met a guy at a motel two years ago that drew. I was up there hunting antelope on landowner tags and happened to be in a room next to a group what was hunting on the grasslands. He said it took him 18 years to draw, for what its worth.

Comment

How are the Chaparral compartments broken up?

Comment

nvm just found the map on the site

Comment

They will carve them up on the spot as wel...depending on the groups there.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
              If i were to change anything, it would be to limit wins to only one permit per category. In other words, you can enter as many "Either sex" hunt locations/drawing but if you win one, your done. As mentioned, one person got three permits, three locations for the same hunt category. My son and I also got drawn for two of the same type hunt at two different location for the SAME WEEKEND!
              They definitely need to change that, I wish they would go back to only allowing one application per category but I don't see that happening ever now that they're making more money with the way it is now. It now takes an average of 5+ years to draw any kind of hunt with this system and the point creep gets worse every year
              Last edited by bossbowman; 08-04-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Congrats to the lucky ones.
                All I know is I have 7pp for gator now and the tpwd person I spoke with said the average was 4, but I've always been below average so it's expceted I guess.
                My boys didn't draw any of the hunts yet and they now have 3 in the closed drawings.We will keep on pluggin until our time comes.

Comment

My boy got drawn for either sex at Devils River should be a good hunt. I grew up hunting in New Mexico (spot and stalk) my boy has never hunted spot and stalk time to show him how it is done.

Comment

TPWD Drawn Hunts

Nephews got drawn for youth either sex at Lake McClellan Recreational area. Can't wait to take them. Wish it wasn't such a short hunt. Anyone ever hunt there?
                    Buddy from work and his daughter got drawn for youth Either sex at Chap. Happy for them but so jealous.
                    Crazy how the 7 years I put my son in for the youth hunts he never once got drawn for any. We hunted several standbys but never drawn. That was old system. Nephews have drawn twice in 4 years and buddy's daughter draws chap both years she entered. Last year was the management hunt. Crazy how it works
                    Last edited by Mjjust; 08-07-2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      Your not the only one, we've got 14 pp's for pronghorn.
                      My dad has 21 pref points in the Exotic Category. I don't know how he has not gotten drawn.

Comment

Hey!

My boy scored a Youth Only Gun Deer - Either Sex at James Daughtrey. Status were all "Pending 2nd draw" so I guess somebody didn't accept their permits and he got selected on the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                          You'll have a blast... this is from last year.

Nice swamp lizards...

Comment

I guess me and the wife got drawn on second chance at JD Murphree for alligator. It's my second time there in 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                            X