Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New water well price - does this seem correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my neighbor had one done last year and paid $28k for one at 465 ft. That's why i'm running on rainwater for now.

Comment

I paid $20k in Tarpley for 550 feet

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        $19k-$21k in Athens are. Neighbors had 2 done last year. I went to get one and said heck no after finding out price!
        Chambers and Phillips in Canton did mine last year for $10,000 here in Fruitvale. I can't believe that they would not do one in Athens.

-john

Comment

geez, prices seem to be pretty high. Maybe I ought just do a storage tank/booster pump and have it filled up periodically.

Comment

Had one drilled in east TX (Cherokee Co) 365 feet about 10 years ago. Was $10,500 total for well, pump, and tank. So I would say your bid is fair.

Comment

My quote for here in DFW is $23k for 680'

Comment

That's a pretty good price David. I've been checking myself and have been seeing closer to 15. Burnet county is making the drillers register the wells now and even inspecting some of them. I think they voted to become a water district.

Comment

$45 a ft up here in Grayson county for someone reputable

Comment

Western water wells in burnet is currently drill my well. 300' deep, with an estimate of 9500$.

Comment

I paid 21/ft

Comment

I priced one off of HWY 12 between San Marcos and Wimberley. They quoted me 21k with a holding tank.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
                          $45 a ft up here in Grayson county for someone reputable
                          I would assume this is the turnkey price with water flowing?

Comment

17k 540ft well in bulverde

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but it is on the same subject. Before drilling a well have any of you had a Hydrogeology report or survey done? This is a question the GF and I were thinking about when looking at properties knowing we would have to drill a well.

Comment

Looks right, I had one drilled 560 feet almost 2 years ago... I would need to look at the receipt again but somewhere around 15 to 17k I think. Too much has gone on since then but your offer looks fair

Comment

Working...
                                X