Need Advice - Camper Repaint/Caulk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice - Camper Repaint/Caulk

I am going to repaint my fiberglass camper this week.

I also want to reseal the white aluminum roof as well as re- caulk/seal all of the windows, trim, and anywhere that needs to be resealed.

Questions are:

1. What type of epoxy primer and paint should I use? I only have the ability to roll on the paint. I'm going to sand down then wash real well.

2. What type of caulk for the exterior?

3. What type of roof sealant should I use to roll of the roof? Any prep work involved other than washing and scrubbing real good?

Thanks in advance!

TTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What type of camper is it, family type used in parks etc, or just a lease camper?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        What type of camper is it, family type used in parks etc, or just a lease camper?

I preferred to try to use it for both. It’s a great starter camper. The inside is immaculate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't paint the exterior, I believe you would always be touching it up.

Roof, I'd use self leveling sealant from a camper supply place on the seams and joints and then use a mobile home roof coating.

Windows, remove windows and replace the sealant with the same stuff from camper supply plac, comes in rolls. Use non leveling sealant from camping supply for the non removable seams.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
          X