Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No go this evening. They’re still working on my satellite.

Comment

I took her out this past weekend and hunted from Friday evening through Sunday evening. Got skunked on 3 sits and finally started seeing deer around mid-morning on Sunday. Ended up only seeing a few scrub bucks. I did make a good stalk on some fighting tom turkeys. They didn’t know I was there until I tried to step around some bushes to get a clear shot at about 15 yards. Looks like I get her for 1 more weeked and I’ll be sending her to Yleecoyote23. I’m gonna try to hunt by the house with it tomorrow evening and then head to the lease Friday morning.

Comment

Here’s a few pics of some small bucks I saw Sunday.

Comment

Hunted this morning but the only thing I saw was a small buck before daylight. Now I’m in my popup in an area where lots of deer congregate under some live oaks. The blind isn’t brushed in but it didn’t seem to matter last weekend when a lease-mate was covered up with deer and killed a nice 8 point from this spot. I don’t have a good wind direction for any of my other setups so we’ll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yleecoyote23 View Post
            Awesome!! Getting excited about this bow!! Looks like you have Sac figgered out Jeff!

Gulp!! I just looked and I'm next on the list........May be able to chase some Mulies at the end of the month....
            PM sent

Comment

Well I’m down to the last day to hunt with Sacagawea tomorrow. I’ll be packing her up and shipping her to Yleecoyote on Tuesday after I get home from work. Hopefully I’ll have something worth posting tomorrow!

Comment

Good hunting to you!

Comment

Best of luck brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                    Well I’m down to the last day to hunt with Sacagawea tomorrow. I’ll be packing her up and shipping her to Yleecoyote on Tuesday after I get home from work. Hopefully I’ll have something worth posting tomorrow!
                    PM'ed you my address Jeff.....you've had a heckuva a run with that little bow!! Hope to see more pics tomorrow!

Comment

Couldn’t get anything to cooperate today. Got her all packaged up and ready to go to Danny. This bow has been a pleasure to shoot. Glad I was able to add to the kill total for her. Good luck Danny!

Comment

Thanks Jeff! Looking forward to giving this bow a shot!

I'll start working on a little bio.....hope I get a chance at something, either way just to be able to spend a little time with Sac will be an honor!

Comment

Well....lookie here...what did the mail lady just bring??? Guess I will find out when I get home....

Comment

Got home and checked the bow out, them grabbed up a handful of arrows that were lighter in spine than my normal arrows to see if any would fly good or not....

They all flew fairly well.....I have settled on some really nice wood arrows that Jeffro (Jeff Murray @ 10 Again Arrows) built for me 10+ years ago....they fly REALLY nice and the Broadheads hit right with the field points....so I will use these if I get a chance to hunt with Sac....

Comment

A little about myself:

I am married to Marisa (7 years) and between us we have 5 grown kids and 8 grandkids....they make me proud!!

I am a stroke survivor (nearly 4 yrs now) and feel VERY fortunate that my recovery has been pretty good....aside from a speech issue and some weakness on my left side, I am nearly 100%...

We work and live at The Univ. of Texas McDonald Observatory (5 years now)in the Davis Mountains. My parents live near here and it is a joy to be here close to them. I had lived and worked in San Angelo for 25 yrs previous to that. Our kids and grandkids are all still there, so it is nice to go back and visit often.

My start in archery came in the early 70s when I got a fiberglass Bear Bow set at S&H Greenstamps for 3 books of stamps....if you don't understand what that means ask an old guy.... It came with 3 arrows that didn't last long, so I learned to make them out of willow branches or any other "semi-straight" branches I could find...

Then in about 1979 I got my first compound...it was a Bear Polar LTD and had WAY too many pulleys and a steel cable that ran between them....from then on, my Trad adventure was on hold until around 2000 when I took a Bear Grizzley on trade and started playing with it....

I killed my first trad mule deer with it and was hooked.....since then I have owned nearly 60 different bows (I'm a lefty so was easier to buy them than find another lefty that would let you shoot them), everything from Habu's to Blacktails to Wes Wallace Mentors to Black Widows....I have sold most of them, but I still have a Sarrels Blackhills, a Pronghorn LB, an Acadian Woods Treestick LB, and a Black Widow SAX, along with several other Bears and other bows....I also have a bow that was given to me by Mark from Hawaii (greywolf) that will never leave...

I haven't gotten to hunt in the past few years due to my health, but I am hoping to get out there in the next few weeks and see if I can get some meat with Sac...

I will try to get some pictures of some of my hunts posted if I can get them off of Photobucket and onto Imgur....
                              Last edited by yleecoyote23; 11-24-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Great write up and best of luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X