Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improvements are looking cool bud.

Comment

Twin stick-n was what I did with my NP205 when I built my '67 dodge D100 S/N.

Comment

Uh huh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

70 Bronco ~ FrankenFord

Awesome door straps !!!!

I bought some that velcro, so easy to take the doors off. (I converted a set of hinges to lift off)

I'm stymied at the moment, proportioning valve is stuck, no fluid flows to back brakes. Got it pulled, now to figure out whether I can get rebuild parts, or have to replace it. Ugh

Comment

Gummi Bear's post made me think up a question for ya, so the braided door straps, will you just unbolt the cab side before the doors come off and leave the straps and brackets with the doors when you want em removed? Those braids are really cool!

My brother just cut the hinges and pins on his old xj hunting ride. It's a hack job compared to this but it's a beast in the field, that lil jeep goes anywhere! We Have it home from the lease now getting it ready for next season and cleaning a few things up and refresh the camo job! The door straps were a topic over beers the other day.
            Last edited by rosco11; 07-09-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Yes....2 screws and the straps are off.

My buddy's bronco back brakes wernt working. Replaced flex line that goes from the hard line down to the top of my he rear diff. Problem solved. It's really close to the exhaust right there and the liner failed. Might be sumthin to check.

Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

70 Bronco ~ FrankenFord

I went through all that, praying it was the problem.

I got the valve out, and that sucker is super stuck. No air passes through on the rear circuit. It is stuck, and the plug in the end is stuck too. Front flows fine. There is a piston that slides back and forth, in the event of loss of pressure it slides to block off the low pressure side and protects the side with pressure

I made a few calls this morning, and wound up just ordering a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve.

Now, I have to adapt, and run a couple new lines to get brakes working.

Once that is done, I can finally hook up power steering hoses, then crank it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                  I went through all that, praying it was the problem.

I got the valve out, and that sucker is super stuck. No air passes through on the rear circuit. It is stuck, and the plug in the end is stuck too. Front flows fine. There is a piston that slides back and forth, in the event of loss of pressure it slides to block off the low pressure side and protects the side with pressure

I made a few calls this morning, and wound up just ordering a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve.

Now, I have to adapt, and run a couple new lines to get brakes working.

Once that is done, I can finally hook up power steering hoses, then crank it up.

Sounds like a good enuff excuse to put discs on the back...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Sounds like a good enuff excuse to put discs on the back...

If I was keeping it, I would.

I'm building it to sell. Rear discs and EFI are about the only upgrades left, I gotta leave something for the new owner.

Comment

Dude got on top of little rock pile and broke his throttle cable. Rock pile had nuthin to do with it breaking. I had to pull him back to camp.

Bronco is a mountain goat! Climbed some places I probly shouldn't have. Mamma liked to knawed my arm off a few times. I had to go back to trail ridin....so she would stop screamin!!!

Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

That's awesome and your bronco is sweet.

And for some reason I love that grey one with the half cab too.

Comment

Good Pics and some really cool rides. Great job on the build.

Comment

Dang that looks like a good time!

Comment

Son, that is some fine looking Bronco's. And that climbing statement, we had a climb out in Marfa that most folks would climb out the Bronco and walk up while my bud climbed it. It was pretty scary.

Comment

Man I love these early broncos, I have a '79 that I need to put some work in too, she runs and drives fine but theres some rust that needs to get handled

Comment

Working...
                                X