Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some cool traps

Comment

on my own experience the larger in dia the trap the less they will try to jump out . on my last fig. 6 trap it was too small and short 5') so I went up 2.5 more feet made a bigger differenct then. as long as you did not drive up too fast to it. Dosen't matter if you use a stick ,hinged prop or trigger it will work! Just pay attention to the spacing of the "T" post and use 4"x4" panels!

Comment

My family owns a large ranch in Northeast Texas and it is over run with hogs. My Dad built a "6" style trap using the 48" wire panels and T posts. He has caught over 15 at one time! He loads from the trap gate into a trailer and then sells them to hog hunters who turn them loose again! He then retraps and resells them to the same people, who obviously are clue-less. The gate is just an overlapped panel with a weak spring attached to make sure it comes back against a stopping post. As long as you build the trap in a circle shape the hogs never seem to realize that they just have to push on the panels. They run in circles looking for a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksnducks View Post
          My family owns a large ranch in Northeast Texas and it is over run with hogs. My Dad built a "6" style trap using the 48" wire panels and T posts. He has caught over 15 at one time! He loads from the trap gate into a trailer and then sells them to hog hunters who turn them loose again! He then retraps and resells them to the same people, who obviously are clue-less. The gate is just an overlapped panel with a weak spring attached to make sure it comes back against a stopping post. As long as you build the trap in a circle shape the hogs never seem to realize that they just have to push on the panels. They run in circles looking for a corner.
          I could be wrong but I thought Texas made it illegal to sell hogs for this purpose unless they had been vaccinated by a vet. I kill mine on site just wanted to make sure a GW didn't read your post and pay someone a visit.

Comment

I do the same thing.. Kill on site. If they are eating size then I clean them, if not, the coyotes get a feast!

Comment

Nice traps!

Comment

Im making one of these asap im tired of all the stinking hogs on my lease

Comment

nice lookin traps!

Comment

The 6 shaped trap is by far the best one and is really easy to make. It will keep on trapping hogs till you get them out. Tie the one panel you use for the door section open at first to let them get used to going in and out, then just untie it. Hog will always run the fences looking for a way out and round type traps work the best since there is no corner for them to try and root their way out of.

Comment

i make mine in the shape of a heart and cut the last verticle bar off each end pannel. they go in but the panell wont let them come out. kind of like a door on a fish trap

Comment

I have has success with laying cattle panels on the ground and hooking them to bottom of the standing panels. The kept themp from rooting under the panels when it was wet or muddy.

Comment

My circle 6 type trap with internal feeder.
                          Attached Files

Comment

nice designs....

Comment

I want to make one of those "6" style traps.

Comment

Cool looking traps

Mason

Comment

Working...
                                X