No announcement yet.

Travel Trailer Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

]After a long holiday weekend i finally made some tangible progress. Finished exterior trim (mostly), got it decked, and covered with felt and plastic. I'm not going to shingle until i get to the lease. It's not hot enough for the shingles to seal, i don't want to leave a trail of shingles up Hwy. 287, and it will help with transport weight.

With the guidance of a couple of church friends, and YouTube, i got the electricity installed and checked out. I've got a front door light, two double floods at the rear for late night cleaning / socializing, two ceiling lights, each sleeping area (2) has a reading light and wall mount oscillating fan, power for window unit a/c or space heater, and outlets for mini-fridge, microwave, 2 burner cooktop, and a few spare outlets for radio, chargers, etc. I've got plenty of power. I was pretty happy that everything works just as intended the first time through. Will put all appliances in for awhile next weekend and run under a "full load" to see how it all performs before i begin to cover everything up. Will also make a test run off generator to see how that works. You can see what will be the skin on one of the pictures of the rear. The corrugated tin is pretty easy to install, lightweight, and relatively maintenance free. After double checking all electrical systems, the next step is to insulate and cover interior walls. Good times.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0566.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24348033
    Attached Files

Comment

Electrical stuff, from all manner of angles ~
      Attached Files

Comment

Electric stuff operational
        Attached Files

Comment

Reading lights only. BTW - all the interior lights are keyless fixtures. Simpler is better for me.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Awesome work.

Comment

Lots of hard work paying off. Looking good.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Great job!!

I am no electrician but why only a 15amp plug providing power and not a 30amp? I would think a 30amp would help when trying to power a space heater, microwave, and coffee pot. I know mine will pop a breaker every once in a while when trying to run all of those at the same time.

You can always use the step down plug adapter if you only have 15amp service but some day you might be on a lease with power and/or a 30amp generator.

Comment

Well, being as i know next to nothing about wiring - I consulted a couple of folks whose opinion and knowledge i trust. They both said the setup i have should be plenty adequate. But, the points you bring up are precisely why i'm going to load it with power in two weekends (going hunting this coming weekend) and see what it does. We have an older house. So if i can run everything off one outlet from our house without tripping a house breaker, or tripping a trailer breaker, i should be good. I'm also going to test it all off my 4500W generator and see how that works. I want to resolve any issues on the driveway, before i haul the thing to the lease. I'll definitely investigate the step down adapter. Didn't know such a thing existed. Good questions / thoughts. Thanks.

Thanks for the other comments guys.

Comment

Looking like a moble hunting camp!!! Great job so far

Comment

following

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Was looking really good, any updates?

Comment

That does not look fun

Comment

After a much too long hiatus (hunting, weather, and mostly my stupid paying job) i'm able to get back on this thing. I've insulated and installed siding on 2.5 walls. I decided to use 3/8" T-111 for the interior walls. Relatively light, strong, will finish nicely. I'm going to use three coats of clear polyurethane for the finish. Hopefully i can concentrate on the thing and get it finished. Sorry for the b&w photo's. I didn't notice someone had messed with the camera.

Full disclosure: One thing that's worse than my framing is my trim work. Functional, but pretty far from even being decent. Oh well...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X