KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
    I would put that fiberglass grate up off the dirt.

Will not going the hurt the grate but might sink into the soil.

Looking Good!

Yep. It will be on pavers or something to let the water flow through.

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
      Plant some pear trees, drop fruit end of september to november, if you said this on your thread already I apologize. I just planted some and wished I did years ago.

I think the wife is researching that now. Seeing what all will grow in sandy loam. Thanks.

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
      This thread makes me smile!

Comment

Matt Family Orchard sells some good trees that should grow well here

Comment

Heck yeah man, things are looking great!

Comment

All caught up.

The place looks awesome, Chew!!!

Comment

I have sandy loam and planted ayers and kieffer pears. Ayers good eating, kieffer good for preserves if you want some for yourself. I have a cage around mine right now to protect them and plan on a pen so only deer get them when they mature. For oaks plant some sawtooth if you haven't looked into that, that's another tree I wished I planted years ago.

Comment

Proud of you Bobby.

Comment

My dream for one day

Comment

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Got a lot done this weekend. Called up an ol' boy and told him to bring me a truck load of slag for my driveway. He brought it out yesterday morning and dumped it the best he could. I told my wife we should stop what we're doing and go buy a new Kubota tractor with all the implements. She laughed and told me to get busy. So I busted out the Polaris ATV, little trailer, and a couple of shovels. My wife hung in there during the hottest part of the day and we got 15 tons (per the truck driver) spread in our parking/walking area between the camper and "Town Hall" (wife's name for the well house).

I mentioned to the wife one more time that I sure could use a tractor with a box blade. She told me that I was a redneck and I would figure out something. So I tucked my tail, put pencil to paper, checked my Redneck Inventions app on my iPhone....and got 'er done:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afK-w9QDEbA"]Redneck grader - YouTube[/ame]

Next project was an outdoor shower for rinsing off the dirt, mud, and, blood. I'll rig up a pvc shower rod system next trip. Has hot and cold water from the well house. Picked up a 8' fiberglass grate for my floor and cut it in half with the sawzall. Used a "Y" hose connector to run the hot and cold together and then picked up some pvc fittings that would work with the water hose and shower head. Snugged it to the wall with some pipe strap thingamabobs and it was on! Water is ice cold coming out of the well. I love it!

Just need to level the floor grate with some pavers, add a towel hook, and a soap/shampoo basket.

Hope the neighbors don't see me in my camo thong!
                    Last edited by Chew; 04-19-2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Lookin' good! Congrats on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
                        Lookin' good! Congrats on everything.

Thanks! And Semper Fi.

Comment

The Ranch is looking great Bobby

Keep the pictures rolling

Comment

Ummm...did you lose my number? Little bit of planning and I could bring the tractor.

Comment

Nice work Bobby!

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                X