1894 44 mag owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1894 44 mag owners

this will probably be the newest addition to the family. Any owners wanna chime in with your thoughts/opinions?
    Thanks!

Justin

I have been thinking hard on one of these

Comment

Love mine

Comment

Assuming 94 marlin, I think that there are 2 different twist rates, find one with the tighter twist. 94 Winchester is good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
          Assuming 94 marlin, I think that there are 2 different twist rates, find one with the tighter twist. 94 Winchester is good to go.
          Would want an older model. Either manufacturer would be good with me.

Comment

Nice little guns, had a Marlin 1894 that I sold to another TBH'r. Found out the rifling twist is too slow to stabilize anything heavier than 240gr bullets (1/38 I think?). Also found out it's best to slug the barrel to find what diameter to swage cast bullets to, whether commercial or hand cast.

The .44mag is tough on deer-size animals within 125 yards or so.

Stu

Comment

I have one in 44 Mag. It’s a beast on deer and pigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love mine! It’s deadly accurate with lever revolution and ted nugent ammo, shoots the heavy black hills really well also

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonfish View Post
                  Nice little guns, had a Marlin 1894 that I sold to another TBH'r. Found out the rifling twist is too slow to stabilize anything heavier than 240gr bullets (1/38 I think?). Also found out it's best to slug the barrel to find what diameter to swage cast bullets to, whether commercial or hand cast.

Stu
                  This is fact.

Comment

Like my Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonfish View Post

Stu

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure mine has 1:20 twist and has Ballard instead of microgroove rifling. I’ve shot 300’s out of mine with no stabilization issues, but I do prefer the Nosler 240 JSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have the Winchester 94 Trapper in 44 Mag and a Marlin 1894 in 357 Mag trapper as well. The 357 sees lots ore action these days but both work well on hogs and deer.

Comment

I got a 357 Sweet lil gun...1894 Marlin

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                            Have the Winchester 94 Trapper in 44 Mag and a Marlin 1894 in 357 Mag trapper as well. The 357 sees lots ore action these days but both work well on hogs and deer.
                            I have a 44mag Rossi 92 and wish it was a 357. Never could find one when I bought mine.

Comment

I had one and loved it. I would buy that exact gun again if I get the itch for open sights. Very deadly out to 100 yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X