X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3860 lbs
    Attached Files

Comment

Success! With the help of two great church buddies today, we got this thing hauled from Ft. Worth to Vernon. We drove nice and slow, 40 - 45 mph, and made the trip relatively easily. Once we got to the camp we more or less leveled it. Full disclosure, we had a little mishap jacking it up, but nothing that couldn't be resolved. Note: Always jack up very evenly, Anyway, it's in Vernon and more or less level. We've got to fine tune the leveling and blocking. Plugged it in and all the power that i checked worked like a charm. After leveling, it's time for shingles and finishing interior details. I feel like i can breathe again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Haven't done this type rebuild just inside of one, but would metal studs work, same size as 2x4 but lighter? What say green screen?

Comment

I just went through your entire thread... Cool Build!!!

Nice Work!!!

Comment

Dude that thing is awesomeeee

Comment

Paint it green.

Awesome build.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                Paint it green.

Awesome build.
                Considering painting it. The heat reflection off the metal is brutal. I may commission a talented graffiti artist to see what he / she can do with it. I dunno...

Comment

Went back out today and started putting on finishing touches. last weekend i couldn't go up. Much to my surprise and great pleasure, some good friends from my church Sunday School class went up and blocked the thing up and built some stair steps. Awesome gesture from Dewayne, Jason, and Brent. Good guys.

I went back up today and finished blocking / supporting the thing. It's about as level as can be gotten with limited equipment and "want to". I changed a couple of wall outlets to usb / 110v combo outlets. Now we have an easy way to charge devices. You know we have to have our devices. I put in the microwave, little burner top, and refrigerator. Everything fit like a glove, and works properly. Still amazed at that part.

Next trip will involve shingles, and anchoring the thing to terra firma with hooks, chains, and anchor rods. After that i've just got to install a couple of wall mount oscillating fans. Then, blammo, time to enjoy.

Will install a skirt around it sometime later. Considering adding a deck on front. 12' x 12'ish. We'll see. Mas trabajo.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have achieved substantial completion. Yeaaa! Got the littlest house on the prairie shingled today and installed wall mount fans. Everything works great. The only things i need to do are: strap it down, and do some misc. caulking on the corners and a few little holes. We'll be enjoying the trailer on opening weekend of turkey season. Looking forward to it. It was a bunch of work, and it's pretty far from perfect, but with the knowledge, ability, tools, etc. i had, i'm satisfied with the result. Good times.

The needlework is a little thing my daughter made for me for the trailer. I held off on installing that until it was "done" Glad to be able to install it today.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What a neat little rig. Looks very comfy. Congrats on completing the job and hopefully lots of good times at camp

Comment

Nice,good job

Comment

great work, very nice

Comment

The saga continues. After setting this thing up, i had intended to anchor it down the next time i went to the lease. One problem. One of those big North Texas Plains winds and storms came along. The storm managed to flip the trailer 270 degrees. There's some damage, but i think it can be repaired. The most significant thing is that wall against the ground hit something solid and is caved in. I've got a wrecker going out next week to try to get it uprighted. Assuming that goes well, repairs to begin next weekend. Oh well, life goes on.

Whatever happens, i'll move along without government assistance.

#courage
                            #don'tbestupid
                            #anchoryourtrailerassoonasyousetit
                            Attached Files

Comment

I am very thankful no one was in the thing that night, no one got hurt, and the only damage was to the trailer.

Comment

I just picked up a new deer camp trailer today....gotta do some work.

Great thread. Hate you had the wind issue. I know you will fix it right up.

Comment

Working...
                                X