Travel Trailer Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sports View Post
    Might be a pin that goes in from the back side of the hub bracket. They have a spring that goes over them with a retainer to hold the brake shoes in place.
    That sounds like the culprit. Now, i gotta figure out how to repair. Thanks.

Comment

Yep. YouTube tells me it's lose brake parts. Gotta get the drum pried off the brake assembly. The brake wiring was cut at some point in the past, so the brakes don't work anyway. Gonna get everything freed up and put it back together.

Comment

Caught a break from work and have had time to work on this thing some more. My buddy, the great Brent Weast, has helped the last couple of Saturdays. We've repacked the wheel bearings, and cleaned and painted the hubs, and pretty much finished the exterior skin. We also set the door. There is a port hole on one side for the window unit a/c. I made an insulated panel so that i can remove the a/c in the winter and keep the cold air out and help keep the warm air in. It's taking shape. Gotta get the trim and door painted, wire up lights, etc. The closer i get to finishing the more nervous i get about the trip to Vernon.

I'm contemplating finding a graffiti artist to do some artwork on it. I figure that'll help keep from blinding people on the road during transport. Also might be kinda cool in general. Thoughts?
        Attached Files

Comment

Any more updates?

Comment

Cool

Comment

I finally got a day away from work, with no rain. Spent the day painting and doing some misc. stuff. I figure i have a couple of more Saturdays and it'll be ready to test out. Getting nervouser.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Well, it's almost done. With the help of a couple of church buddies as a chase team this thing made its' maiden voyage today. We pulled it from Haltom City to Haslet and had it weighted. Then pulled it to Lonestar Trailer Services in Haslet. Those guys are going to give the axle, springs, hubs, etc. the once over and see if they think it road worthy, or if we may need to add a spring or two or some such. We only went about 40 mph, but had no issues. Assuming it's given a clean bill of health, most likely head to Vernon with it on the 20th.

If anyone wants to guess the weight feel free. Might be fun. I'll post a pic of the weigh ticket tomorrow evening. Closest guess will be declared "The Winner". That's about the best i can do.

Anyway, so far so good. Assuming we make it to Vernon, i'll put the finishing touches on it once we get it there and get it set up.

Comment

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X