Whale wars ending???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiehuntress View Post
    I have problems with whaleing, but I have bigger problems with pirates. That is all those guys are, glorified pirates. I am surprised no one has been shot for boarding a vessel with out permission. If someone raided my property, I would lightup their arse!!

I cant even watch that show without my blood boiling!
    I had to shake my head when one of the guys was talking about how he was about to board one of the whaling ships, which he had done previously, and could get up to 15 years in prison for it. Then he said his young sons need to understand why and blah blah blah. Having a daughter myself I couldnt come to terms with how boarding a ship to do nothing but sit on it until it goes back to port is more important than being there for your sons. If you're going to board a ship go old school and start taking **** over and throwing fools into the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
      Finally.....he's on the run!

Run BIG BOY RUN.......Your Ego will eventually get you caught. Can't stand to be OUT OF THE LIMELIGHT.....over time.....you will be found!

Management of the targeted whale species....the Japanese and other whaling communities are not killing whales without QDM - modern science and satellites are making the management of these various species a very well known process - a process that is also keeping the pods healthy and in check.

I'm more concerned with whale habitat loss with the privitization of remote regions that previously were uninhabited.....are now.......Condos, Yachts and mucho vessel traffic. Whales do not like too much pressure.....boats and lights along the shoreline = pressure.

Sea turtles and whales.....both need wide open shores and "lightly to nil with vessel traffic pressure." Plastic bags....pollution......commercialization of the remote regions of the world for humans....this will be their end. Not the whalers.
      Thank you, we need enlightenment from those that have the info instead of those that have a biased opinion of what is and is not.

I have no problem at all with folks killing whales for food and other life sustaining parts. It is survival for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
        Thank you, we need enlightenment from those that have the info instead of those that have a biased opinion of what is and is not.

I have no problem at all with folks killing whales for food and other life sustaining parts. It is survival for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          How do we apply for whale tags???
          you go to your local bar around 1:30 ish and the bartenter will help you from there.....

not sure why you want to tag a whale but good luck.

Comment

"Harpoon to the leg? Not cool bro!"
            I always figured the series would end with the Japanese T-Boning their ship. Those guys are idiots.

Comment

i'm really surprised since it's a scientific research mission that the japanese navy wasn't brought in to control them. i think looking down the barrel of two or three battleships might sway my opinion on harrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Capfab View Post
                Well, Bye.
                Ahh........ Tombstone..........

I see what you did there

Comment

Why don't they have international game wardens to ensure all is good for both sides?

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
                    you go to your local bar around 1:30 ish and the bartenter will help you from there.....

not sure why you want to tag a whale but good luck.
                    Thanks for putting that visual in my head Kevin!

Another reason why Paul stays in the wheel house when they are near the whalers. They would become confused seeing a "whale" on the Steve Irwin.

Comment

Working...
                    X