No announcement yet.

Matador GMDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well day 2 is coming to a close, but it has be awesome for me. Let me rewind. We were 4th to pick pastures and we ended up with Lone Canyon. We made a plan to sit and glass the first 2 sits and see if we could get a pattern down. I found a spot with good elevation and sat for a couple hours, got cold and realized my jacket was in the truck. Got up and walked 1/4-1/2 mile back to the truck and grabbed my jacket. When I get back to the spot there is a young mule deer buck starring at me, but he doesn't blow out. He's about 50 yds and he starts closing the distance. When he gets 10 yds I can't believe it. He was the only one I saw yesterday afternoon.
    This morning I sat for a couple hours and started walking and glassing. I walked till 3 and decided I need a rest. Saw 7-8 mule deer does and 1 buck. Most were bedded and I got with in 50 yds or less of them. So I'm back on the side of the hill looking again. Weather is supposed to be good tomorrow, but predicting 30-40 mph winds on Thursday.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Sounds like you at least seeing game at reasonable ranges..Thats always a boost.. Good Luck

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck this morning

Comment

Are you archery or rifle hunting? Good luck

Comment

It’s GMDE, gun mule deer either sex hunt but with him getting so close it almost sounds like he’s bow hunting.
                Last edited by KactusKiller; 12-12-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

He is rifle hunting. He is hoping for a legal buck since they have the 20" width minimum now

Comment

Working...
                  X