Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
    Tigers health is THE issue. Been blind long? At least we witnessed his best and one of the best.

Phil is really hanging on his last thread now, Rory isn't what media writes he is, Fowler's hype is just as weak as Rory's...

New regime is developing. It's going to be a real race this year and after
    its crazy how blind they are with the real issue on why tiger has faded right now...I posted a picture with tiger on it with all the surgeries hes had done, its more than most NFL football players.....oh but the divorce is the reason why he's faded lol, good grief..people crack me up

Comment

NIKE dropped out of the Golf Equipment business - it was centered around Tiger now, it's a HAS BEEN like Tiger's golf game.

There's only one King - records made with inferior equipment I might add!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        NIKE dropped out of the Golf Equipment business - it was centered around Tiger now, it's a HAS BEEN like Tiger's golf game.

If anyone these days played with the equipment of the 70's and 80's would have a hard time setting records.
        But, the competition of those days was not near what it is today either (I don't believe)

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          Me Too
          I think yall are just look'n for an excuse to make out with Tiger Woods

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
            its crazy how blind they are with the real issue on why tiger has faded right now...I posted a picture with tiger on it with all the surgeries hes had done, its more than most NFL football players.....oh but the divorce is the reason why he's faded lol, good grief..people crack me up
            Most all golfers have injuries. Some very serious and still come back and win Majors - ask Ben Hogan. Injuries are a part of Tiger's problems but they aren't his Major problem. It is his mental game that he has lost. He could will the ball into the hole and make mortal men break under the pressure. That is gone now. I hope he gets it back here and there and makes a couple more runs. But it is hard to get it back when he and his playing partners know that he is not superman anymore. Jack got it back for a weekend when he was 46. Tom Watson almost did in his late 50's. Time will tell.

Comment

Rory has the most skill out of any golfer in the world but he's a streaky player and when he's a little off it can be no Bueno.

DJ is one of my favorites, he's a very humble guy, met him twice, once at the colonial and once at a Taylormade Clinic, he is the most raw skill/talent and surprisingly one of the best work ethics on tour

Watch out for the name Ollie Schniederjans in the coming years, he will be a fan favorite and a top 10 golfer, hes Jordan spieths age but comes from a strong amateur background....

If sleeping with tour players wives and doing a bunch of drugs is humble, I now see why your such a Tiger fanboy. I will say it again, I am a tiger fan but it's ridiculous to not think Tiger is affected by his turmoil. I agree with above poster that he pulls out for back spasms whenever he is scoring poorly. Anyone can act like their back hurts when they swing. I hope he comes back and starts winning again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                If anyone these days played with the equipment of the 70's and 80's would have a hard time setting records.
                But, the competition of those days was not near what it is today either (I don't believe)
                Jack's THE GREATEST EVER. There is no discussion or debate to be had.

Arnie's one of the greatest too, but also one of the BEST PEOPLE. His social impact can't be touched or measured.

Playing fields have been level for players in respect to their generation/time of play. Sure, some new record low rounds are posted each year by both men and women. Technology has improved equipment while the courses have also been made longer and more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

]
                  And much weaker fields of players, and much shorter courses.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                    Most all golfers have injuries. Some very serious and still come back and win Majors - ask Ben Hogan. Injuries are a part of Tiger's problems but they aren't his Major problem. It is his mental game that he has lost. He could will the ball into the hole and make mortal men break under the pressure. That is gone now. I hope he gets it back here and there and makes a couple more runs. But it is hard to get it back when he and his playing partners know that he is not superman anymore. Jack got it back for a weekend when he was 46. Tom Watson almost did in his late 50's. Time will tell.
                    yeah ben Hogan was healthy again when he won late in his career, so did tom Watson, so was jack, tigers back is gone, if he can get completely healthy he will win again, confidence has a lot to do with being healthy, if you're not healthy every golfer will say it destroys your confidence. Think clearly people

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                      Jack's THE GREATEST EVER. There is no discussion or debate to be had.

Arnie's one of the greatest too, but also one of the BEST PEOPLE. His social impact can't be touched or measured.

Playing fields have been level for players in respect to their generation/time of play. Sure, some new record low rounds are posted each year by both men and women. Technology has improved equipment while the courses have also been made longer and more difficult.
                      Sam Snead still holds the wins record, there is certainly a debate that could be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                        If sleeping with tour players wives and doing a bunch of drugs is humble, I now see why your such a Tiger fanboy. I will say it again, I am a tiger fan but it's ridiculous to not think Tiger is affected by his turmoil. I agree with above poster that he pulls out for back spasms whenever he is scoring poorly. Anyone can act like their back hurts when they swing. I hope he comes back and starts winning again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Ok Mr. perfect, I've tried to play with back spasms, its impossible, its all opinion trying to say his play was effected by the divorce, but the facts are his health has forced him to change his swing multiple times creating confidence issues in itself and his back still hasn't recovered....its that simple, think clearly people...I now see why you don't understand sports.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                          Sam Snead still holds the wins record, there is certainly a debate that could be made.
                          Majors?

Comment

Not me. What a useless husband he turned out to be.

Comment

yeah ben Hogan was healthy again when he won late in his career, so did tom Watson, so was jack, tigers back is gone, if he can get completely healthy he will win again, confidence has a lot to do with being healthy, if you're not healthy every golfer will say it destroys your confidence. Think clearly people
                              I agree with you,but Freddie Couples comes to mind when I start hearing people talk about Tiger's bad back..He fought it off,and still won from time to time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                                And much weaker fields of players, and much shorter courses.
                                Yup but...if you lose it off the fairway with TODAY'S GEAR....Back then, you couldn't find the ball.

Jack could smash it 345 yards with PERSIMMON, STEEL, LEATHER and BALATA. He did it one time, at a PGA event...during the days, each PGA Event had a long drive contest. He only did it one time and smacked it 345 down the middle, won the long drive...and never did it again. It wasn't Jack's style.

We must remember, when Jack won the 1986 Masters @ 46 years old, he played against a new field of talent. And he also played against some of the top 20 golfers of all time, who in their own right, have set records beyond the new crowd now.

And then he went into the PGA Seniors Tour - and continued to smash them over 50 years old.

So let's see if Tiger can make a cut at 50 plus?

Trevino, Player & Palmer continued to smoke them in the Senior tour events past 50.

Watson
                                Snead
                                Hogan
                                Trevino
                                Player
                                Palmer
                                Floyd
                                Casper
                                Ballesteros
                                Miller
                                Faldo
                                Norman

Just to name a few.
                                Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-16-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X