Who has a 50 BMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has a 50 BMG

I have been wanting one for a long time and thinking about buying one. I have never shot one or held one. I just like big guns. My question is, for those of you that have one how often do you shoot it, what other purpose does it have besides target shooting and just looking dang cool in your gun collection. I’m just trying to justify buying one or should I just find another gun to buy. I don’t want the price of gun and ammo to be a factor either.

Thanks

Assuming you can afford it and the ammo, the biggest impediment to shooting a .50 is finding a place you can shoot it.

LWD

Comment

I have a range to shoot it at.

Comment

My cousins has one. Shot a deer with it in mason couple of years ago. It killed it, lol. Only about. 100 yard shot

Comment

Don't own one but I say go for it. Would be a helluva pig killing gun.

Comment

Would love to have one, heck would like to just shoot one.

Comment

I have one that since being put on blood thinners I do not shoot much. It has about 500 shots down the barrel, another reason I do not shoot it much is I don't have as many places to shoot it as I did when I bought it, had a 750 acre lease with good back stop across creek bottom with hill on the other side the creek cut into for a great large berm. We have had fun with it making big rocks into small rocks and shooting other stuff. They are fun for sure.

Actually thinking about selling it. Standard model Anzio Iron Works 50. With several different loads it shoots easily sub MOA if the shooter can. Have shot several 1.75 groups doing load workup at 325 yards. You do know you have squeezed the trigger shooting the 750gr A-Max in front of 217 grains of H50BMG powder.

A good friend has a Armarlite 50 that weight about 40lbs before putting a scope on it with a very large muzzle break that recoils about like a 243 without a break but at that weight it is a beast to carry around for hunting. That is 14lbs heavier than the Anzio. Now they sell a suppressor for it that if I keep it I will be getting.

Comment

I think having this would be better than having a horny super model for a weekend. Lol

Comment

Who has a 50 BMG

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                  I think having this would be better than having a horny super model for a weekend. Lol

Congrats on being gay!

I would rather a more functional gun in 338 Lapua and an instagram Model for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 12-05-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I have a pretty toy box which includes a 50bmg. It’s fun to shoot and load for. It comes out when I have people out for a day of shooting. For plinking I’ll use 647gr fmj’s. For precision my preferred load consist of a 750gr Amax behind 220grs of H5010.

Comment

[QUOTE=sendit;12986290]I have a pretty toy box which includes a 50bmg. It’s fun to shoot and load for. It comes out when I have people out for a day of shooting. For plinking I’ll use 647gr fmj’s. For precision my preferred load consist of a 750gr Amax behind 220grs of H5010.

[/QUOTE

Fist full of dollars!!!!! You definitely got some neat stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        Congrats on being gay!

I would rather a more functional gun in 338 Lapua and an instagram Model for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This right here buddy. I almost bought a 50 but just couldn’t justify it in the end. Instead I went with the 338 lapua. Much happier.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

.50bmg, 338 lapua, 30 06.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            .50bmg, 338 lapua, 30 06.

This pic brings the saying to mind,
                            Go big or go home. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                              This right here buddy. I almost bought a 50 but just couldn’t justify it in the end. Instead I went with the 338 lapua. Much happier.

Sierracharlie out…
                              I have a 338 Lapua that I bought this year a long with a 300 RUM.

THANKS guys for the input on this. I might just go with a bad ars long range rifle. Oh wait, I have one on order now. Christensen arms 6.5x284 😬

Comment

Working...
                              X