Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what can i put on my face to heal a scrape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
    yeah i just got my dermatologists number so ill be giving them a call tomorrow.
    Texas MedClinic ... open until 11 PM. They have a walk-in Dermatologist as well, no appointment needed.

Comment

See a dermatologist if you're concerned. Chicks dig scars my son used to say when he BMX'd all the time.

Comment

well long story short, when i was playing basketball with some friends i slipped on some gravel and scraped a dime piece off of my cheek.

well now its really red and it has been like that for three days. i have been putting a bandaid on it with some polysporin along with some hortisone cream.
        but it still looks the same..

anyone have any ideas of how i can speed up the healing time a bit?

thanks guys

brandon lee
        DUCK TAPE

Comment

psoriasin gel
          Again.....no! Psoriasin will reduce redness yes, but redness caused by irritation, not by infection. Also, gels are drying...which you don't want.

Don't use cortisone or hydrocortisone because it is a mild steroid. It has no antibacterial activity to it and if overused...can thin the skin.

I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, but I'm telling you to keep up with the polysporin/neosporin and Mederma. If you have any other questions PM me. (I've worked in the field of dermatology for several years)

Comment

I gave myself a deep gash above my eye and got 8 stitches. The Doctor said that it would leave a bad scar if I didn't take care of it; he recommended this stuff called Mederma Cream. It is specifically designed for facial scars - you put it on 3x/day for 8 wks; it's kinda pricey ($40) but it's working for me so far. You can get it at any drugstore.

Comment

Watkin's Salve

Google it!
              Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Are you really that worried about a scar? Leave it alone, it'll dry up and go away.

Comment

Epsom Salts dissolved in warm water, apply to injured area. I swear Epsom Salts will cure just about anything.

Comment

heres a look at it..

i noticed today that my skin was kinda starting to peel.
                    okay thanks,, just neosporin and polysporin from now on.. might go buy that mederma too though..it looks absolutely hideous .. =/

Comment

Mighty Putty can fix anything. They say it is only available on TV but CVS carries it.

Comment

Your kinding right? That little thing. Your man card may be in jeporady.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Are you really that worried about a scar? Leave it alone, it'll dry up and go away.

I Agree. Never worried to much about a scar. Heck chics dig it.

Comment

Root Oil

Comment

Take out your knife and start scraping, it will make it better, more noticeable. Conversation piece later.

Comment

heres a look at it..

i noticed today that my skin was kinda starting to peel.
                              okay thanks,, just neosporin and polysporin from now on.. might go buy that mederma too though..it looks absolutely hideous .. =/

Oh, now I see what you need...

... a napkin!

Comment

Working...
                              X