Somerville 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somerville 2016-17

After a couple years away from the area its that time again. I live in Austin and planning a scouting trip soon if anyone wants to hook up.
    Wondering if it look similar to last year with all the rain.

Where u wanting to go scout

Comment

Yegua is preferred. In years past I hunting nails early in the season and was covered with people because it's so easy to navigate/easy access.
      In yegua you can get back in and see less people early from my experience.

Comment

For deer or ducks? That whole place has been flooded out with all the rain

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
          For deer or ducks? That whole place has been flooded out with all the rain
          Deer

Comment

I don't think you'll have much luck scouting anytime soon. The entire area is still under water.

Comment

I live in San Marcos and hunted out there quite a bit last year, Nails and Yegua. If we get rains again, even once, like we did last summer, it's gonna be a water park in there. Plenty of times I drove out there and had to turn back around because of the ragining creeks. Only if it's like last year though, hoping it stays drier this season!

Comment

Hopefully the rains hold off and we have a good crop of acorns to hold the deer.
                Planning on heading out mid-late July if anyone wants to tag along. May camp at the camp ground if it's open.

Comment

Are you allowed to park along the highways/roads to access or do you have to park at the on-sight registration?

Comment

Hello?...

Comment

Not sure.

Anyone been out?

I'll be out in 2 weeks.

Comment

water is still very high on somerville, not sure what all you will be able to scout in the creek area.

Comment

Going to be different. Very tough for a someone whondoesnt know the land. Right now it is looking like it will bring all the hunter closer to each other so I expect the hunting to be harder than normal on anything more than a year old lol. Good luck and I think I'm just going to fish out of my tree stand instead of carrying a bow. Hmmmmm�������������� never shot a duck from a tree stand either....... Might have to check that one off the bucket list

Comment

The lake is still pretty high right now. I wouldnt bother anytime soon really. Its dropping, but it isnt dropping fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's down to ~11' above normal pool now and slowly falling. It was over 22' high.

Comment

Working...
                              X