No announcement yet.

Best Credit Card To Own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southwest Airlines from Chase. Only way to go for us!

Comment

I have a GMAC credit card. It pays 5% that goes toward purchasing a new vehicle. Up to a maximum of $500 per year. You can bank up to 7 years or a max of $3500.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        I like my Citi double 2% card. Pay a lot of my bills with it and then pay that balance at the end of the month. Surprising how much builds up by just paying the phone bill, tv bill, etc. with it.
        Same here...i pay EVERYTHING with it except the mortgage. Payoff every month so don't have to worry about interest..heck, I don't even know what the rate is

Comment

Originally posted by ntxshooter View Post
          Same here...i pay EVERYTHING with it except the mortgage. Payoff every month so don't have to worry about interest..heck, I don't even know what the rate is
          Can you set it up online to pay bills like you can w/an online banking account? Or do you have to go to each individual website to pay each bill there? If I were to change then I would pay all my bills w/it & pay it off each month.

Comment

Cabelas

Comment

I have used a Cabela's card since 2000. I charge everything I can to it and pay it off every month. I use it for auto pay on my electric bill, satellite TV, satellite internet, cell phone, etc. I hardly ever carry cash so I use it anywhere I need to buy anything. I even charged my lumber and other materials when I built my home. They have raised my credit limit and dropped my interest rate even though I never carry a balance. I think it is under 7 or 8% now. I called them once when it was around 12% and asked them to drop it down. They asked my why and said you never carry a balance. I said I might one day, so they dropped to under 10% just because I called and asked them. I have gotten thousands of dollars worth of free goods from Cabela's over the years.

Comment

I used cabelas too but you only get 1%...sure you get 2% at cableas, but with Citibank I get 2% everywhere, even cabelas

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  Can you set it up online to pay bills like you can w/an online banking account? Or do you have to go to each individual website to pay each bill there? If I were to change then I would pay all my bills w/it & pay it off each month.
                  Don't know that it does, I have auto draft set up through individual services.

Comment

None.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      I like my Citi double 2% card. Pay a lot of my bills with it and then pay that balance at the end of the month. Surprising how much builds up by just paying the phone bill, tv bill, etc. with it.
                      After searching several money/credit sites, it appears this card will fit me the best. I will get 2% cash back when I pay for anything, to use to pay for anything. It's not limited in any form or fashion on the savings or the spending!

The one item I won't be able to use it on is my mortgage, which none of them you can use on your mortgage, so it's not the cards fault.

Comment

I say it over and over. Get the card with the biggest sign up bonus. Most of us without a business wont spend much a month on their credit card. My spending on credit card are maybe $1000/mo. 1%, 2% or 2.5% isnt much when you only spend $12k a year.

If you can sign up for something like a Chase Sapphire card with 80k points as a sign up bonus, that is the way to go. I used to churn credit cards and the wife and I used 500,000 miles to fly around the world.

Comment

If you are not completely paying off your credit card each month, don't be enticed by "rewards." Go with the one with the lowest interest rate and get to paying it off ASAP.

On the other hand, if you are carrying no interest, then I suggest Capital One Venture card or the American Express Platinum. The Capital One Venture cards builds miles quick and has a nice sign up bonus. The Amex gives you all sorts of travel perks, global entry, upgrades, concierge service, access to lounges, etc.

If you are disciplined enough, pay off all your bills with one credit card and then pay that card off each month. You will build miles or points pretty quickly.

Comment

Im another vote for the Southwest visa, they also have a promo right now for 60k bonus points if you join. I also have a referral code that will get you more points too if you go this way.

Really depends on what youre looking for as a reward, Im on a traveling kick and love flying southwest so it just made sense for me. Lots of my friends have the AA Advantage as well but as far as cash back, im a fan of the Chase Sapphire.

Comment

Im a southwest guy have my companion pass right now and about to have it for next year to.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                I would sacrifice. I honestly wouldn't care if it was 20% because I won't carry a balance anyway. I have Chase Saphire Reserve and have been really happy with it and dealing with them. Fee is $450 but you get $300 of it back when spent on any travel (flight, hotel, etc). Get access to airport lounges and it also pays for your Global Entry/TSA precheck application. 3x points on travel and dining so more for travelers
                                This. I also have this card and the rewards are pretty much paying for my wife and mine fights to Zew Zealand.

Comment

Working...
                                X