Traditional FSC week 37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC week 37

So many SEASONS of sports in full swing!

Football getting cranked up, so we'll shoot four arrows from 10 yards (sort of like 4 downs to get 10 yards).

Golf is in its championships -- the BMW this week -- hence: Shot 1 taken at the center of a BMW logo.

Dove season in mid-flight, so aim at the flying dove's eye for Shot 2.

Baseball nearing playoff time, so Shot 3 is at the dot at the back point of Home plate.

Shot 4 is aimed at the spot between the goalpost uprights.

Measure nearest part of shaft to center of dot for each respective shot and add 'em up. Lowest distance total wins next week's call. Good luck and have fun!

Print out the page of pics I drew or draw your own.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tradtiger; 09-09-2018, 11:40 AM.

Went ahead and shot mine in the mud before dark. Not terrible except for that "wild pitch" third shot that got a pass-through on a right-handed batter.

Total: 8-9/16"
    Shot 1: 1"
    Shot 2: 1-13/16"
    Shot 3: 3-3/4"
    Shot 4: 2"

Note: Don't feel obligated to include this many pictures (unless you want to). I just wanted to provide clarity.

Comment

Seems like my eye just couldn't get away from that BMW circle-x logo for three shots.

Comment

Cool target call TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          Cool target call TT.
          Thanks.

Comment

Traditional FSC week 37

I've been watching you trad guys for awhile now. I have always found it intriguing but have never had the time to devote to learning your craft.
            Well my son has expressed and interest in bow shooting so I bought him a couple scouts that he has been playing with and he has gotten pretty good with them. I decided he shouldn't have all the fun so I bought an entry level Fleetwood 60" 40# Saturday with some arrows and a glove and got to flinging stick this weekend with him.

I did forget to purchase an arm guard. They said I didn't need it. Apparently I do. [emoji1] or at least improve my form. It reminds of getting licks as a kid when you messed up. Except that belt on your butt , has been replaced by a string on the arm!!! It's an instant reprimand.

Anyways I thought it would be fun to see my targets. I'm just glad I hit the paper 3 out of 4 tries.

Shot 1

Shot 2

Shot 3

Shot 4

Evidently I didn't measure as I didnt see it as necessary. [emoji23]
            I hope y'all don't mind me barging in. I think I might have the Trad bug! This is a pretty challenging and I could see also a rewarding endeavor.
            Last edited by cattlelackranch; 09-10-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the obsession.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

More the merrier, CattleLack! That's not bad shootin'!

I didn't put the kiddos yardage in the call, but I will right now. 7 yards for kids. Choot em!

Comment

Willkomen Cattlelack.

Hasty armguard: An old tube sock with the toe cut out works in a pinch...if still too much slap...slide a piece of cardboard inside along the forearm.

Comment

Here's mine. 7 7/8 with my new to me Chinook I just got yesterday. Really liking this bow! Sorry I didn't get a picture of each measurement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cbc0905 View Post
                      Here's mine. 7 7/8 with my new to me Chinook I just got yesterday. Really liking this bow! Sorry I didn't get a picture of each measurement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
                      Nice shooting, Cody!

Comment

When shot #2 was a better shot on target one than shot #1 , I decided to just shoot them all at #1.

No need to measure. LOL.

Rick
                        Attached Files

Comment

Have seen these for the last year I've shot a recurve but have never played! Picked up a Bob Lee off here last month with some crappie winnings and have loved it so far! Got a new finger tab in today and shot about 8-10 times with it before I drew up my target and shot. It started raining right when I finished so I didn't measure anything but I'm guessing around 8". Better than I thought I would do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's good shooting Slew.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Have seen these for the last year I've shot a recurve but have never played! Picked up a Bob Lee off here last month with some crappie winnings and have loved it so far! Got a new finger tab in today and shot about 8-10 times with it before I drew up my target and shot. It started raining right when I finished so I didn't measure anything but I'm guessing around 8". Better than I thought I would do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Good shooting, Slew! Might want to measure that up; Cody's leading at 7-7/8", and I don't think you're far off that.

Comment

Working...
                              X