• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kolach
    Kolache

The struggle is real

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
      kolache shop in clute is the best on jalapeno sausage cheese kolaches gaurenteed
      Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I don't know why they still make the fruit ones after they figured out you could put sausage in them...

Those are called Street Tacos.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        Those are called Street Tacos.
        Flour or corn?

Kolachitos.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

best places in west are in town... ones on the highway are more tourist trap. That said I'm guilty of stopping at Slovaceks on the way to Aggie games cause it is on the easy to get to side of the road... Not my FAVORITE but they will do and kick the tar out of the dang pigs in a blanket from Shipplys or any of the other donut places

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Flour or corn?

Spelt flour is the only traditional Czech tortilla.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
              best places in west are in town... ones on the highway are more tourist trap. That said I'm guilty of stopping at Slovaceks on the way to Aggie games cause it is on the easy to get to side of the road... Not my FAVORITE but they will do and kick the tar out of the dang pigs in a blanket from Shipplys or any of the other donut places
              Incorrect.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Had 4 Cream cheese and lemon just yesterday from West.....

Comment

Well whatever they are, the jalapeno and cheese things at Czech Stop have never let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Two of my daughters work at the Kountry Bakery here in Hallettsville. We were quickly educated when we moved here on the difference between kolaches and "pigs." It took some time for me to get used to ordering a "cheesy pig". I wasn't convinced somebody wasn't playing a trick on me.

We finally had to forbid the girls from bringing home beg boxes of leftover pigs, kolaches, donuts and even an occasional pie EVERY NIGHT!

I’ll take a leftover cream cheese or poppyseed roll from there every night. Have a lot of family in Hallettsville and someone brings a roll to every get together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X