No announcement yet.

New pond leaking, how can we stop it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bentonite slurry "Drilling mud" in 40lb bags does the trick bud- Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
      I sent DawgOnIt Pete's phone #. If he has something to help the problem please post here. I can then PM his phone # to others.

Did you ever connect with the guy Pete who's # I sent you?

Comment

If you have any drilling rigs in your area, check at the rig when they dispose of the mud they have to pay for a place to put it. They may haul it to you for free.

Comment

Bubble Gum!

Comment

I have a 2 acre pond 15 ft deep that leaks. I got prices to fix it that were way too expensive. My solution was to drill another well dedicated to the pond. On average it runs about 2 weeks per month and costs about $30/mo. Way, way cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by 45ght View Post
              I have a 2 acre pond 15 ft deep that leaks. I got prices to fix it that were way too expensive. My solution was to drill another well dedicated to the pond. On average it runs about 2 weeks per month and costs about $30/mo. Way, way cheaper.
              Plus with the well, water in (well) and water out (by draining) makes for very good weed, alge control and fish growth.

Comment

bentonite, cows, build a bonfire in it's (wait till it's dry), anything that will plug the cracks, maybe even som LCM material if you have any oilfield fluid company connections, disc it in and it should seal right up.

Also you didn't mention it but if there's trees around it they can drink a lot of water too.

Comment

x2 on the drilling mud fix!!! make sure it is a water based mud though, a spud mud or surface hole mud would probably be safest.

Comment

Bentonite clay will fix the problem. Bentonite is mined clay that has dried, once it gets wet it swells to about 10x is size. It can be found at companies like Baker Hughes in Dayton Tx.

Comment

x2 on the bentonite and barite.

Comment

this is very common because you disturbed the silt/clay layer that had settled on the bottom filling the voids and therefore sealing it. You can either let time and silt/clay runoff seal it back up or you can line the bottom with a clay like bentonite or use a plastic liner.

Comment

Working...
                        X